Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My new routine to break my damned plateau

Jvesti1234

I got some good definition going but i need to put on that damned mass so i decided to put low reps for 4 sets as i heard is the best amount of sets. I'm not sure whether to do 2 or 3 exercises for the smaller muscles such as biceps knowing that after some heavy bb curls for 4 sets they tend to lose strength. I'm also trying to work my chest which is one of my weakpoints

Day 1
Chest
dbell presses (4X6)
incline dbell press(4X6)
dips(4X8)
tri's
standing tricep extentions(4X8)
cls grip bench with E-Z bar(4X6) or im thinking 2 exercises kickbacks(4X10)/ reverse pull downs (4X8)
crunches(5X25)

Day 2
Legs
squats(4X8)
extensions(4X10)
leg curls(4X10)
calves
raise(5X15)
Rev Cruches(5X25)

Day 3
Upper back
wide grp lat pulldowns(4X6)
cls grip pull downs(2X10 2X8))
t bar rows(4X8)
bent over rows(4X6)

lowerback
St leg deadlifts 10, 8 , 6
good mornings 10,8,6
crunches (5x25)

Day 4
shoulders
Presses(4x8)
Lat raises(4X8)
rear cable raises(4X10)
Shrugs(4X8)
biceps
Barbell curls(4X8)
hammer curls(4X10)
maybe??? ummm concentration curls or preachers (3X10)

it usually evens out to about 4-5 work outs per week

Here
I'm thin and cut typical ecto-meso but i need to put on damned mass. and i got decent definition to go around. I eat everything i can get my hands on but it doesn't change my weight of 178 even if i just eat tons of food during the day i'll wake up the next morning weighing the same lately in my plateau. I need to work on my week point of my chest. think my program is a step in the right direction

Here is the routine that blew my worst plateau wide open. I was natural at the time using only creatine and gained 20lbs in just over 8 weeks and my strength went nuts. I'm on gear now, using the same program, and up 26lbs in my 7th week.

It's the old school 5 sets of 5 routine, tailered for bodybuilders. Basically you pick a heavy compound exercise for a body part, ie, bench press, squat, weighted dips, deadlifts, whatever. You do 5 sets of 5 of that exercise and all sets must be on the same weight. As soon as you can do all 5 sets on that weight, add 5-10lbs for next week. You then pick 2 other exercises, and do 2 sets of each for 8-10 reps.

Here's an example
bench press 5 sets of 5
dumbell incline press 2 sets 8-10 reps
incline flyes 2 sets 8-10 reps.

I find for me the key is to make sure that for the first few weeks of this program make sure the weights are light enough you can hit your marks on every set. This way you can continue to add weight for 8-10 weeks. Add 40-60lbs to any exercise over that period of time and you are definitely bigger.

yeah i notice one time during my training a while ago that when i did all the reps in correct form without failing i seemed to get stronger than going with heavy weights and failing

thanks for a tip brotha

as for the smaller body parts, tri's, bi's, calves I was guessing that a smaller workload would be sufficient what do ya think

I'm sick of just getting cut up it's time to get bigger and to my goal of hitting 200 pounds

You'd think so for the smaller bodyparts but I did the routine basically the same for all (except calves as there really aren't that many exercises) and everything responded well, but I know everyone is different.
That routine did blow me up well over 200lbs, biggest I ever got in fact. The funny thing is that I also got so strong that I went into a powerlifting competition afterwards (I am a bodybuilder) and placed first in my weight class

needsize said:
It's the old school 5 sets of 5 routine, tailered for bodybuilders. Basically you pick a heavy compound exercise for a body part, ie, bench press, squat, weighted dips, deadlifts, whatever. You do 5 sets of 5 of that exercise and all sets must be on the same weight. As soon as you can do all 5 sets on that weight, add 5-10lbs for next week. You then pick 2 other exercises, and do 2 sets of each for 8-10 reps.

Here's an example
bench press 5 sets of 5
dumbell incline press 2 sets 8-10 reps
incline flyes 2 sets 8-10 reps.

Hey needsize, can you share your actual routine please? What do you do on each day of your training cycle?

Appreciate it!

Top Bottom