Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My legs are stuck! I need help to put on big wheels! HELLLPPP!!

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

I have a big prob currently. I cant put size on my wheels! Neither can I get strenth in them! What gives?

I tried low volume, higher volume (5-10 sets of squats)... 1 set of 20 rep squat once or twice per week. Heavy, or light weight and everything.

It worked for a bit but it stoped and I can't seem to get out of it! I am so desperate that I started doing LEG EXTENSIONS. Now, what fool does them for SIZE/Strenth????

I am thinking about doing high volume, 1x per week (20 sets MINIMUM). Or maybe try rest-pause 1x week for few sets.... Or maybe do front squats... but still... I am pissed.......

any ideas? I squat, but I have no access to leg press equipment... bummer. My gym has 2 different squat places, leg extension, leg curl, hack squat, and no leg pressing machine....

reply please. Your help would be beneficial...

However, 6ft6 jerk, shut up! Don't give me 1500 squats each day routine!

I don`t know man, it sounds like you are doing the right things (as long as your diet is up to par.) I have always responded well to leg traing (even when I was training them half assed)...and I am an ectomorph...prolly had some of the smallest toothpicks you ever could of seen, and I`ve built them into 24 inches.

I`ve always disliked squats but now I am starting to enjoy them more. I did legs today actually, I am starting up my workload...four works sets of squats (I only used to do two) and three sets of leg extentions...it`s not much, but trust me, that`s all I need.

Sorry, I wish I could help.

unfortunately I can't squat because there's no rack here, so I use the leg press and do stiff leg deadlifts; so far great results. Stick with the squats for a while, if they don't work try the hack squat with sldl's

This may sound odd to you but try encorporating sprinting and stair running into your routine. Also increase the amount of rest between squat workouts to compensate for the new work. Also eat more if you can. Another thing is try slowing down your squats so that you are under tension longer. You won't be able to do as much weight or as many reps but this will hopefully stimulate your legs.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
This may sound odd to you but try encorporating sprinting and stair running into your routine. Also increase the amount of rest between squat workouts to compensate for the new work. Also eat more if you can. Another thing is try slowing down your squats so that you are under tension longer. You won't be able to do as much weight or as many reps but this will hopefully stimulate your legs.

Cheers,
Scotsman

super slow reps? I'll try that!

btw, eating is not the prob... I eat a LOT! training, training and some more correct training...

You can either slow down as previously mention (which scotsman said, good insight) or you can can try to force adaptation by adding a little weight each week to each lift I mean a minor amount like 10lbs fater a monthe eith you will be lifting 40lbs on every lift or you will hit another plateau. One good key is maybe you wanto lessen the sets and go slower or you can do sprints first then do squats at a reduced rate of poundage this always cause great soreness and growth. Remeber to make sure you go to at Least parralel this is when the greatest stretch and contraction are achieved.

First, I think going ass to the floor is the most important aspect of squating and building respectable wheels. For me, the 5x5 routine, especially when I'm on creatine or now juice, and can add weight to the bar every week, always makes my legs grow

needsize, I am jealous that you can add more weight each week on your sqauts. btw, have seen your pic and goddamn you are in awesome shape.

SSalexSS, you eat alot, but do you eat the right things (as opposed to junk food)? load up on protein. have you noticed any difference within a month of squatting? I think after a month of solid squatting, you should see results, whether it be you could squat for more reps, heavier weight, are seing more size in your thighs, you are more comfortable with the exercise, etc.

SSAlexSS,
How often do you train legs?
Do you do cardio?
If so, where is your cardio in relation to your leg day?
Do you train with a partner?

BTW, It's nice to see someone interested in growing some big legs... :)

Top Bottom