Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Leg Workout Last night. Almost fainted..Awesome workout!!

punch

Was pressed for time, had a dinner party last night, this is what I did in 1 hour and 15 min.

Leg press:5 plates a side warmup 15 reps
1st set: 7 plates a side 10 reps 5-6 sec neg 2-3 pos
2nd set: 9 plates a side 10 reps " same "
3rd set: 11 plates a side 10 reps " same " ( this was tough )

BTW: These are not the typical knee ups most people do on the the Leg press. Every rep, knees to the chest!

Squats:
1st set: 225 20 reps ass to the floor
2nd set: 225 10 reps to the support bars which I set below parallel. Pause on bars for 1-2 sec, explode up. Feet close together! I almost passed out. Got dizzy.

Leg ext: 3 sets of 10 5-7 sec neg, normal tempo up.

Seated calf raises: 4 sets 10

Shoulders:

Dumbell presses:( Done w/ slow neg, slightly explosive pos)
60lb 15 reps warmup

1st set: 70lb 10 reps
2nd set: 80lb 10 reps
3rd set: 85lb 8 reps
4th set: 60lb Arnold presses 12 reps

Standing lateral raises: ( One arm lholding onto squat rack, body on slight angle)

1st set: 25 lb 12 reps
2nd set: 30lb 12 reps
3rd set: 35 lbs 10 reps
4th set: Iso Laterals ( I sit on an incline bench to on side at slightly higher than 45 degrees, one arm at a time ) 20 lbs, 15 reps.

** Note that ALL my lateral raises are controled tempo up and neg on the way down I DO NOT PAUSE AT TOP. The key to this movement is to fight gravity on the way down.

Thats it. Short sweet and to the point. I will do Bent over lateral raises Friday with back as I did not have enough time. Peace!

Bravo bro...........man, my delt routine is about 15 more sets...........guess I need the volume....

nice bro!!! howd those 20 ass to the grass reps feel? I commend you for doing leg presses properly i see WAY too many people load the machine up and use a 3 inch ROM..always cracks me up..check the ego at the door and do the damn exercise right your quads will thank you..lol

JKURZ, I would have done 2 more excersizes if I had the time. Bent over lateral raises and uprights. I dont do front raises currently.

Wnt2bbeast..Thx man. The 20 reps were very hard. I do something kind of cool. I count backwards. I start at 20 and do a countdown. Just hearing myself scream out 20, psychologically gives me the push to finish all my reps. Especially when I get down to 10 reps I visualize a rocket firing up for take off. To to tell you the truth Im getting so pumped talking about it right now its rediculous.

I loved the workout and plan on doing it again soon. What do you guys do for your leg routine and shoulders for that matter?

Whelp, my delt routine for tonight will probably go a little like this -

DBELL PRESS 2 WARMS, THEN 4 SETS - 10,8,8,6
LAT. RAISE - 3 SETS - 12,10,10 - PROB. ONE ARM
UPRIGHT ROWS X 3 - 10,8,8
CABLE REVERSE FLY (DID DBELL LAST WEEK) - 12,10,10
LIGHT FRONT RAISE - 2 SETS, 10,10
AND THEN SOME SHRUGS....6 SETS.....3 BEHIND, 3 IN FRONT.........

punch said:
JKURZ, I would have done 2 more excersizes if I had the time. Bent over lateral raises and uprights. I dont do front raises currently.

Wnt2bbeast..Thx man. The 20 reps were very hard. I do something kind of cool. I count backwards. I start at 20 and do a countdown. Just hearing myself scream out 20, psychologically gives me the push to finish all my reps. Especially when I get down to 10 reps I visualize a rocket firing up for take off. To to tell you the truth Im getting so pumped talking about it right now its rediculous.

I loved the workout and plan on doing it again soon. What do you guys do for your leg routine and shoulders for that matter?

nice bro..
quads:usually 15-20 sets reps 12-5
front squats (just adding these in)
squats
hacks
Leg exs
havent dont leg presses in awhile

I train delts alone on mondays:
d-bell presses 4 sets
side lat 3 sets
1 arm cable side laterals 3 sets (saw jay cutler do these in his video man they really kill ive noticed a widening of my delts and ive only been doing them for about 1 month)
rear laterlas 4 sets
been hitting traps on my delt day as well
thats pretty standard for me sometimes i may do a few more presses...

Awesome man. I wish I could devote a day to each bodypart. I made most of my gains in my mid 20's training that way. Now, w/ kids and a biz to run, doesnt fit into my schedule. Im jealous!!

i hear ya i aint that young anymore either lol but im still single lol...Legs take a bit of time hard to really get it done in a half hour and move on to another body part..make do with what u got and youll be fine...

Top Bottom