Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Knees Hurt....b/c of Squats???

I've been squatting regularly for 6 months with moderate weight...the results have been pretty good. However, over the past month my knees have started to act up. I have been doing ass almost all the way down squats (w/lighter weight) for the past month, that has been the only variable. I'd like to think my form is pretty good, as I push through my heels instead of toes. My legs have packed on a reasonable amount of mass since I started doing them, so I don't want to give them up. I don't really stretch as much as I should, but you don't really stretch your knees....whenever i use a squatting motion in daily activity, my knees feel pretty sore. Yeah the muscle results are great, but I don't know if I want to sacrifice my 4.4 40 speed!!! Advice...thoughts...

my knees usually get all tight when doing squatting motions out of the gym. basically, if you are stretching enough before, during and after leg day, then you should be fine. also, stretching outside of the gym also helps keep you limber, lessening your tightness in the knees. maybe you are not hydrated enough during the daytime when not working out?

Thanks for the reply.......I MUST learn how to stretch properly and regularly. As for hydration, I don't think that is the problem, but good thought anyway. Thanks bro.

I SUGGEST A GLUCOSAMINE & CHONDROITIN MIX

I Have had little pains in my knees, and i take this and it goes away, i think it works great. I discontinued use for a month or two and they started to bother me a little agian so i went back on, and its been fine ever since. I prefer the kinds that you mix with water over pills, and you can uaually get away with EOD doses.
Train Hard and Be Safe!

EAST_COAST_BODYBUILDER

I definitely agree with east coast, a joint supplement is really important for anyone that lifts weights, mine has chrondroitin, msm, and glucosamine all in the same tab and has helped a lot.
Also, warming up thoroughly, especially when squatting really deep is VERY important.
Here's an example of my warmup before I go rock bottom:
5 minutes on treadmil at a brisk walk then lots of runners stretches
45lbs for 10 reps
135 for 8 reps
225 for 5 reps
315 for 3-5 reps
365 for 2 reps
405 for 5's
If I don't do all those warmup sets first, not only do my joints kill me, but I am not nearly as strong either.

Good point needsize i forgot that, i just kinda think of things like that as, nessecary, but glad you through that in. I always do a good ammount of warming up, i usually get on a elliptical rider for like 5 mins, then hit the squats and gradually go up. Needsize i saw you on the other post i posted on are you following me?? just kiddin. Train Hard and Be Safe!

EAST_COAST_BODYBUILDER

Another thing that could cause the knee irritation are SLDLifts.

I often hurt my knees a little if I get a little sloppy trying to get that last rep.

stretch well
make sure you have good knee tracking (knee toe alignment) when squatting
stabilize the joint (do you do hamstring work?)
take some joint support supplement to keep the cartilidge intact.

Form

Make sure your knees don't go out in front of your toes when you squat (especially) when comming out of the bottom of the movement... ALSO, make sure you only go to parallel with your thighs... lower than that puts stess on the knees...

I stopped doing squats after i started getting pains in my knees. It was hurting everytime i waled for about 2 weeks.

I'm only 18 and i don't want arthiritis by the time i'm 25.

Top Bottom