Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my knee

super_rice

i finished a great squat workout today. however, on the last set (by this time i was exhausted), it was around 170 ish for 12 reps, i lost my arch and my form got all out of whack, and this was coming out of the bottom of a fullsquat. i don't know if this cause it, but afterwards, while walking out of the gym (very slow albiet, tight quads :D), there was this very sharp pain in my knee.

the pain was on the anterior (below the knee cap where the patellar tendon is), and on the lateral side of my knee. i actually felt some pain at the head of the fibula. i don't know if it is actually the joint there hurting, but whatever it was, it wasn't right.

it's a lot better now, i applied some ice and such. it's still a bit tender though.

is an MRI appointment in order? if so, what exactly am i looking for? i don't think it's any major ligament damage, as i would have probably felt it a great deal more.

so does it radiate from below the knee to the lateral side? Does it hurt going up/down stairs? I dont think you need an MRI...give it a day or two. When your form went whack what happened...did your knees bow in? Take it easy man, be careful

That's why you should never do high reps close to failure, the form breakdown just isn't worth it on squats and deads

quality over quantity

Hard to tell without more info?? See how it is in 1-2 days. Possibilities are strained tendon / muscle, lateral colateral ligamnet problem. Did you rotate your tibia / foot at all?? Does your knee flex / extend without pain, can you bear weight on the leg?? Does the knee lock when walking or stair climbing?? Any "clicking" or Grinding

The more infro the better

S

i've read as many squat articles as i can, but i don't know if it's the paranoia or what, i still feel like it's not going great for my knee.

my form is as close to doing it right as i can tell, i've used mainly CCJ's squat videos as a reference.

when i started squatting, a few weeks ago my right knee began to have this crazy clicking noise, but i was told it was just cartilage shifting. it still happens, and it still bothers me, but it doesn't really hurt. the clicking noises get pretty loud when squatting, and they started a week or two after i began to squat.

when my "form got all outta whack", i lost the arch in my back and basically did the whole movement leaned over with a rounded back. luckily, it wasn't much weight, so i didn't screw my back or something. but i think when i came out of the top i locked out too quickly on my right side, and my knee kind of "popped" back.

when i lost my arch, it was at the bottom, the weight pushed me forward, so i lost my footing, leaning into my right knee.

those are the two causes of the problem during the squat that i can think of. can't really remember anything else, except trying to just get the bar off my back (no, safety, bunch of biceps working motherfuckers standing behind me, so i couldn't just dump the bar).

the pain is there on the lateral side of my knee, close to the head of the fibula. there is also pain to the medial side of the patella and radiating around the bottom.

i can put weight on it, jump, run and such, but when i put weight on it in a certain way (like a cutting movement), i get pain on the lateral side.

also, i seem to be able to lock out my right leg further than my left.

i have flat feet, and have had knee problems in my right knee due to it, but the problems went away a while ago do to my getting orthotics. maybe they've come back now that i'm squatting again?

Hmmm...i would go see a doc or an orthopedic surgeon they know knees like the back of their hand. A doc might be able to say something but might not be as effective as an ortho and in that case u might as well just go see the ortho anyway.

You probably just jarred the side of the knee. Doesn't sound too bad.

If your not doing Bulgarian splitquats you should

Top Bottom