Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My incline and flat bench are the same, does that mean my triceps are the weak part?

sk*

Sorry for all the bench questions, but if my flat and incline are the same ... what does that mean? What part do I need to work on to improve my flat bench?

-sk

One of my lifting buddies is the same way. His tris are very strong though. We can't figure it out.

Yes my delts are very powerful. They make my chest look like a bitch, lol. :bawling:

I always thought my shoulders were very good and triceps weren't bad either, I don't quite get it ...

-sk

Your form, most likely. Or it could be that your shoulders are disproportionately strong in comparison to your chest, since inclines target your delts more.

That's probably it then. Your shoulders are strong, while your chest is lacking. Forget about Incline benches for awhile.

My incline is also much better than my flat bench, and I am certain it is because my shoulders are much stronger than my chest. I worked in the moving business for 3 years, that got my shoulders real strong, but did not do much for my chest. I can hang clean almost as much as I bench :).

sk, you're chest is definately the weak link if your incline and flat bench are equal. Your observation of your delts overpowering your chest is a result of the imbalance. We can probably rule out tri's being a weakness because if they were, they would have less help from your chest on the incline, so you should see a slightly weaker incline. Try doing more flat flyes. Pause at the stretch on the bottom. Also, you may wish do do some dumbell flat presses, and really focus on contracting your pecs hard at the top.

BodyByFinaplix said:
sk, you're chest is definately the weak link if your incline and flat bench are equal. Your observation of your delts overpowering your chest is a result of the imbalance. We can probably rule out tri's being a weakness because if they were, they would have less help from your chest on the incline, so you should see a slightly weaker incline. Try doing more flat flyes. Pause at the stretch on the bottom. Also, you may wish do do some dumbell flat presses, and really focus on contracting your pecs hard at the top.

Thx bro. :)

-sk

Top Bottom