Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My goal: 400 lbs bench by December

JollyRogers

Hey guys I was wondering how I could achieve a 400 lbs bench press by December, right now I’m doing 315 1x4 as a top build set, how do I get up to a 400 lbs one rep 1rm, what’s the most important thing to focus on while trying to get that high of a bench?

I would say lats and tri's if so what would be the best main moves to build strength and size, advanced exercises wise?? I know inclines are good also, but unsure of myself, can some people help me

I want it pretty bad !!

:)

Advanced exercises?

For triceps...close grip bp, floor press, high board presses, JM presses, skullcrushers, (arms in, not leaning forward) weighted dips.

Lats...to help with a bench, probably barbell rows.

I recently did a 4 board close grip bench - that worked the hell out of my triceps. I worked up to a max single, then I dropped the weight and did 4 lighter sets, pausing each time on the board. I think it should have good carry over to the bench.

Good luck bro. Board press, floor press, JM's should all help. Are you going to use a shirt?

Hey Jolly...I know you can do it. Do you have a video of your current form?

Where do you currently fail on the bench?

Have you ever trained for speed?

I dont have a video cam + I work out at the Y and I dont know if they would let me bring one in if I found one. Right now I have trouble getting past lockout, just before lockout, you know that umpff you need at the end of the motion...right there!

Nope, never done speed work before, I dont know too much about it, I think it helps with power no?

Perfect...work those triceps.

High board presses, JM presses, rolling extensions...

Speed will help you break through that point because you won't be in it long enough to stall. You don't have to have bands ands chains to do speed work, just use a lighter weight.

When you bench, where are your elbows and hands...and where does the bar meet your body (chest/stomach/sternum/etc)?

Speed work eh? I will try that out, what is a rolling extension btw..? The bar comes down to my chest about half an inch, almost a touch, near the neck area, my hands are gripped around the ring, I put my thumbs in lined with it, elbows are strait pointed down, I use my lats to help push it up along with my delts and then I squeeze my chest to push it before lockout, with my legs planted on the foot pedal at the end of the bench.

oh yeah .. for speed what kind of weight, sets, reps, and rate of motion do I work with?

edit: hey do you think maby i should plant my feet on the floor for a more stable push, cause those foot pedals make me balence myself on the bench?

Last edited:
Top Bottom