Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my flexibility is going to complete shit

You've completely missed my point. I'm not debating whether you should train to optimize flexibility, of course you should. My point was that Mariusz trains in other areas which enhances his flexibility so your video doesn't prove anything.

your point was that because he is a martial artist that he is magically more flexible.

your point was crap. he trains his flexibility to be a more effective athlete. being a more effective athlete doesnt magically make him flexible

I have monkey long arms and I can barely touch my lower back with my left hand and the back of my head with my right.

A lot of it is size as well as how beat up you are. Very common in strength athletes. Myself included...a lot of strength athletes have issues even shaving. I don't talk on the phone unless I use my blue tooth device or speaker phone...I can't hold the phone to my ear long, especially without pain.

Toilet, seat belt, shirts, shaving, putting on shoes, etc...is all part of living a BIG life.

I made my own "foam roller" from PVC pipe and I'm getting better, especially in my hips and upper back (which helps my shoulders amazingly). I spend 10 minutes on it every night in the floor with my son and my dog and again before I train and it helps.

Stretching, hurts or not...do what you feel you need to do to be warm and ready to train.

do you have any good links/resources for foam rolling you could link up? i am going to start learning how to now that i have more free time (summer)

Dynamic stretches before, static after. Dynamic stretches can make you temporarily stronger and less prone to injury, and static stretches..Don't you just love how relaxed you feel after them?

so yoga is no good?? im not gonna do anything that hurts my strength. my friend has the P90X tapes, i tried the yoga one with him, which i absolutely fucking hated lol but i was thinking of trying it once a week or so for my flexibility. i might give it a try but if it messes with my strength it will be the last time i do it

hot yoga will wipe you out. just imagine sitting in a hot sauna and doing yoga for an hour, most guys on here won't even survive the session. its tough and takes a lot of stamina if you actually do the poses and don't half ass it.

regular yoga is totally different, you can do it on an off day.

damn dude you cant reach the back of your head?? i cant imagine getting that bad but then again i didnt think it would ever be hard to touch my thumb to my shoulder cold, without even a bicep pump going. i also noticed even holding the phone up to my head was getting pretty hard to do. and im not really that big.. i googled the foam roller, looks interesting may give that a try if the basic stuff doesnt help all that much

I can reach my neck/hair line if I tuck my chin to my chest as far down as I can. Thumb to shoulder I'm about 5 inches away...maybe more.

I'd foam/PVC roll no matter what.

do you have any good links/resources for foam rolling you could link up? i am going to start learning how to now that i have more free time (summer)

Lay the foam or PVC pipe on the floor and roll around on it in every which way you can...spend extra time on any part that hurts. Hit every muscle group you can possible think of. Try to get every single muscle fiber in your body on that roller and roll around on it.

It takes a real man to hit his lats, IT Band (side quads), and hips on a PVC roller.

Seems like the peeps here have you convinced to stretch. I just wanted to chime in and say that if ya let it go, the lack of movement in your shoulders WILL jack you the hell up. You don't need to stretch before you lift, but you do need to stretch. See if your gym has a group fitness stretch class. A once a week thing like that can go a long way.

Lay the foam or PVC pipe on the floor and roll around on it in every which way you can...spend extra time on any part that hurts. Hit every muscle group you can possible think of. Try to get every single muscle fiber in your body on that roller and roll around on it.

It takes a real man to hit his lats, IT Band (side quads), and hips on a PVC roller.

i am going to start with foam lol

Seems like the peeps here have you convinced to stretch. I just wanted to chime in and say that if ya let it go, the lack of movement in your shoulders WILL jack you the hell up. You don't need to stretch before you lift, but you do need to stretch. See if your gym has a group fitness stretch class. A once a week thing like that can go a long way.

thats a great point, i think they might actually have this class

Top Bottom