Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my flexibility is going to complete shit

i cant find it right now but Mariusz Pudzianowski for example is one flexible son of a bitch and i find it hard to believe that any of you are bigger than him

there will be obvious limitations to your mobility as your size increases, but you shouldnt completely do away with stretching because of that...you just make the problem worse

im about to leave but i will keep looking for the video of him stretching when i get back and post it up, he can go past his toes and put his palms on the floor when doing the "touch your toes" stretch

I can touch my toes and all that.. my issue is stuff like scratching my back. I have to get a fork or something to do it.. I used to do yoga once a week or more. so I gained excellent flexibility. however today doing something like the eagle pose I cannot do, my arms are too big and Mariusz cannot do that either i guarantee you. but something like splits or lunges yes i can definately do.

Mariusz isn't a good example for strongman flexibility though since he's a green belt kyokushin and BJJ practitioner. The 'average' bodybuilder, say Ronnie Coleman or Jay, has very limited flexibility.

your point? would you rather be the avarage bodybuilder with very limited flexability or work to be a functionally strong and healthy athlete like marius?

you can sit around using a scrub brush to clean your asshole, or try and get mobility and function as a human being while still looking good.

also that is a really shitty comparison considering ronnie is in the top .0001% size wise for human beings, and marius isnt necessarily even a size athlete. they train for different goals

and nobody on this board is as big/bigger than marius, or anywhere near ronnie's size so i'm not sure how your post ties back into the "you can never be too big to stretch and be flexible" arguement?

I can touch my toes and all that.. my issue is stuff like scratching my back. I have to get a fork or something to do it.. I used to do yoga once a week or more. so I gained excellent flexibility. however today doing something like the eagle pose I cannot do, my arms are too big and Mariusz cannot do that either i guarantee you. but something like splits or lunges yes i can definately do.

makes sense, of course as you grow your muscles will get in the way to an extent. i thought you were saying you threw in the towel completely and dont try and be as flexible as your body will allow.

if you are still flexible enough to perform exercises safely then great.

i cant scratch my back, (although i can scratch alot MORE of it than i could when i wasnt stretching ever) or touch my elbows together either hehe:evil:

your point? would you rather be the avarage bodybuilder with very limited flexability or work to be a functionally strong and healthy athlete like marius?

you can sit around using a scrub brush to clean your asshole, or try and get mobility and function as a human being while still looking good.

also that is a really shitty comparison considering ronnie is in the top .0001% size wise for human beings, and marius isnt necessarily even a size athlete. they train for different goals

and nobody on this board is as big/bigger than marius, or anywhere near ronnie's size so i'm not sure how your post ties back into the "you can never be too big to stretch and be flexible" arguement?

You've completely missed my point. I'm not debating whether you should train to optimize flexibility, of course you should. My point was that Mariusz trains in other areas which enhances his flexibility so your video doesn't prove anything.

stretching and massaging is a MUST a getta thai massage everyday that encorporates yoga like stretching

makes sense, of course as you grow your muscles will get in the way to an extent. i thought you were saying you threw in the towel completely and dont try and be as flexible as your body will allow.

if you are still flexible enough to perform exercises safely then great.

i cant scratch my back, (although i can scratch alot MORE of it than i could when i wasnt stretching ever) or touch my elbows together either hehe:evil:

my X used to take me to hot yoga and it was the best thing ever. the heat would make it easier to stretch. I will say that it really wipes me out though today if i do it. no joke my strength is down bigtime the next couple days from it.

i still stretch after my workouts and I get massages as well.

lol i tried this and my fingers are probably a good 7-8 inches apart. im gonna give alot of these a try, esp when i start cutting in 3 more weeks

I have monkey long arms and I can barely touch my lower back with my left hand and the back of my head with my right.

A lot of it is size as well as how beat up you are. Very common in strength athletes. Myself included...a lot of strength athletes have issues even shaving. I don't talk on the phone unless I use my blue tooth device or speaker phone...I can't hold the phone to my ear long, especially without pain.

Toilet, seat belt, shirts, shaving, putting on shoes, etc...is all part of living a BIG life.

I made my own "foam roller" from PVC pipe and I'm getting better, especially in my hips and upper back (which helps my shoulders amazingly). I spend 10 minutes on it every night in the floor with my son and my dog and again before I train and it helps.

Stretching, hurts or not...do what you feel you need to do to be warm and ready to train.

damn dude you cant reach the back of your head?? i cant imagine getting that bad but then again i didnt think it would ever be hard to touch my thumb to my shoulder cold, without even a bicep pump going. i also noticed even holding the phone up to my head was getting pretty hard to do. and im not really that big.. i googled the foam roller, looks interesting may give that a try if the basic stuff doesnt help all that much

my X used to take me to hot yoga and it was the best thing ever. the heat would make it easier to stretch. I will say that it really wipes me out though today if i do it. no joke my strength is down bigtime the next couple days from it.

i still stretch after my workouts and I get massages as well.

so yoga is no good?? im not gonna do anything that hurts my strength. my friend has the P90X tapes, i tried the yoga one with him, which i absolutely fucking hated lol but i was thinking of trying it once a week or so for my flexibility. i might give it a try but if it messes with my strength it will be the last time i do it

Top Bottom