Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My first muay thai training session

LeeJunFan said:
Goof thread!
I am going to start Muay Thai within the next couple of months, would you recommend me starting these rolling pin exercises now to give me a little head start?!?!
Thanx!

I'm not too excited about the rolling pins yet, I have heard about their use but haven't used them myself... Neither the Master or Kru I study under has adviced me to use the rolling pin(they haven't adviced against it either, they just never mention using them), they just tell me "Keep kicking the bag".
I'm trying to do some more research to decide if I want to use the rolling pin.

Boardin087 said:
how often do u train rick and where did u get that av :) ?

I train Muay Thai Tues, Wed, Thurs Mornings before I come into the office.
Some Fridays I train just Boxing.
Sat and sunday I might pop into the temple for Boxing or Muay Thai if time allows, or I'll just head to my gym to lift weights.

Some Tuesdays and Thursday nights I come down to help out with the High School kids and train them in Freestyle, Greco Roma Wrestling... When I can find a sitter for my kid since he is not old enough to roll yet.

Some times I pop into the gym and do a blitz 20min. workout, just: Deads, Squats, pull downs and all angles of bench and some dumbell work for Delts. no more than 5 sets per body part, Only about 10-12 sets Total @ about 12-14 reps. I usually do this Sundays, Mondays and Saturdays, OR fridays/Wednesdays when I decide to miss class to go lift.

Right now BJJ has fallen off my week, I just don't have the time for it, but I'm hoping to get back into it full force in a couple of months.

About the Avatar: I got the guy from some Muay Thai site and the dragon, Text and effects I put in myself.

Last edited:
LMMFAO!!!!!! rolling pins? this is ridiculous! No legitimate muay thai instructor would advocate such ridiculous tactics. Your shins will build up over time by kicking the bags and padwork.

WHERE do you guys train. Name your schools.

rodneyabs said:
LMMFAO!!!!!! rolling pins? this is ridiculous! No legitimate muay thai instructor would advocate such ridiculous tactics. Your shins will build up over time by kicking the bags and padwork.

from the almight god of muay thai. hasn't your sifu taught you to be respectful yet? we are here to learn from each other not insult each other.

rodneyabs said:

Try following the whole conversation next time....

This is what I posted earlier in the thread.

Big Rick Rock said:
I have heard about their use but haven't used them myself... Neither the Master or Kru I study under has adviced me to use the rolling pin(they haven't adviced against it either, they just never mention using them), they just tell me "Keep kicking the bag".

I never said I used them, I never said my instructors told me to use them. I was asking questions to get more information about something I didn't understand, that is the whole point of this forum.

I'm pretty sure the rolling pin is a bad idea--I could be wrong though. The bags are the tried and true and SAFE solution.

Hey dudes- on a purely physiological side note....

-your bones when subjected to force (like impacts) remodel in order to withstand such forces....

>kicking a bag would not only deaden the nerves, but it would help the bones to remodel themselves to withstand blows over time and in time they would be able to withstand greater and greater impacts...
>rolling with a pin would NOT cause this to happen but it would deaden the nerves thus I think you would be more suseptible to a broken leg in time(less feeling+non-remodeled bone+huge impact=broken leg)

This is not intended as a burn or anything on anyone's teachers, just trying to help out bros and protect you from harm....

By the way awesome new forum BRR, I don't know shit about MA, but I enjoy reading up on different topics and maybe one day I will have the time to try a little myself...

Nobody where I train uses the rolling pin. I have heard about it before, but thought it might be one of those many strange things we hear about trainers in thailand.

Boardin, how much do your lessons cost? I wanted to take muay thai at some point, but I'm pretty broke at the time.

Becoming, good points.

Rodney, hush.

BRR, you have a really busy schedule. Damn man, I don't know how you do it.

Maybe sometime soon I'll be able to train in an art.

Top Bottom