Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My First BB Program...please critique

Icculus

Whaddy'all think of my weekly lifting routine? Anything you think I could improve on?

Tue, Fri, & Sat - Cardio

Sun - Chest, Bi's, & Traps
-DB Bench Press
-Standing Curls
-DB Shrugs
-DB Flies
-Include Curls
-DB Upright Rows

Mon - Legs & Shoulders
-Bent-knee Deadlifts
-DB Military Press
-DB Squats
-Front Raises
-Leg Extensions

Wed - Back & Tri's
-Stiff-legged Deadlifts
-Cable Pushdowns
-Back Pulldowns
-One Arm Overhead Extensions
-DB Bent-Over Rows

Thu - Same as Mon

[This message has been edited by Icculus (edited April 05, 2001).]

It isn't that bad but on each day try not to hop from one bodypart to another than back again. Instead hit one fully with all excersizes for it then move on to the next.

What's the logic behind this? I know a lot of people say that, but I figure its better to let the body part rest a while before tearing it up again. I find that if I do the same muscle group, with different exercises, twice in a row I can't do as much and I only get the "can't do" feeling instead of the "it burns, but I can go through it" feeling...

Comments?

It's just my opinion, but I'd keep traps with shoulders. Most exercises that incorporate one will also incorporate the other. Also, deadlifts are a leg exercise, keep them on leg day.

Also, how many sets are you doing for each exercise? It seems like you have a lot of exercises per day. If you're lifting longer than 45-60 min, you have intensity problems. Personally, I usually do 2-3 warmup sets, a 4-5 set pyramid, and then a 3-tiered drop set to failure. This will cook your ass, ie. no need for any other exercises for that muscle group.

My 2M yen.

3 Things...

I do 3 sets of around 10 reps each. I do all of my lifts about 2 seconds up, 3 seconds down. Last set I go 2 seconds up, and as slow as possible on the way down to get the negative effects. This is good for me so that my body gets used to proper form.

I do chest, bi's and traps twice a week because it seems these are my weakest muscles.

The two types of deadlifts do two different things. One for the ass, the other for the lower back. I know there will be some overlap but I'd hate to cheat one muscle group for the other by doing both types on the same day.

Please keep the feedback coming. I've learned a lot from you all thus far.

Originally posted by Icculus:
What's the logic behind this? I know a lot of people say that, but I figure its better to let the body part rest a while before tearing it up again. I find that if I do the same muscle group, with different exercises, twice in a row I can't do as much and I only get the "can't do" feeling instead of the "it burns, but I can go through it" feeling...

Comments?

From what I've gathered at these forums and talking with people, the reason why you don't want to split up exercises is because you'll be moving the blood that has built up in the area you were just working to a new place in the body, and it will take longer for the blood to move back and forth if you keep switching worked muscles. The blood aids in the healing, and muscle-building, process.

Top Bottom