Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Experience training w/ Frank Zane in CA....

Well at over 60 he looks great. Does he look like he did when he won the Olympia, NO. He is ripped and is still strong. One thing I took from meeting him is mortality. I often wonder if he has some personal demons. I mean could you imagine having your body admired by millions, being plastered on every fitness magazine, people gawking at you wherever you go!!! It must be tough to come to terms with. But, to have a man of his accomplishment share and give his knowledge( at a cost of course ) to others is what its all about.

punch said:
Well at over 60 he looks great. Does he look like he did when he won the Olympia, NO. He is ripped and is still strong. One thing I took from meeting him is mortality. I often wonder if he has some personal demons. I mean could you imagine having your body admired by millions, being plastered on every fitness magazine, people gawking at you wherever you go!!! It must be tough to come to terms with. But, to have a man of his accomplishment share and give his knowledge( at a cost of course ) to others is what its all about.
Punch what was the rest time between sets? how long were the workouts and what is the split which he recommends for off season?

Punch, do you have anymore training info from your sessions with the Legend??? I know ALOT of the current strength coaches advocate the Time Under Tension rule. Most notably, Charles Poliquin...

This week I will get the routine he provided to me and post it in its entirety.
As for rest between sets, not much at all. In fact many of his sets are super sets, which cut down both time and increased intensity.

This is a great thread Punch,..once again, Thanks!!

Would love to see ya post yer training journal on here!!...and lookin' forward to reading the routine in its entirety.

I love how everyone starts off by buttering him up, then continues to ask for more........geeze boys, the dude has posted almost his entire trip.............let him rest.........get yourself a girl that will buy you a trip..............lol

No worries man, If I heard someone trained with Arnold I'd be asking away also. Question is....Whats my wife gonna do for an encore. HEHEHEH

It is good to see that the master emphasizes the negatives, which to me are more important than the positives.

Thank you very much punch!

Top Bottom