Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Experience training w/ Frank Zane in CA....

thx needsize. I met his wife dogs etc... Was as personalized as you could get. The pictures on his walls were unreal. Never seen before candid pics of the old school BBers. I would and plan on going back to him next year.

Great stuff bro.................as for the delts, that would be undertraining for me....I need a few more sets, maybe some uprights too............

Its all good man. If you can take one item from my 3 days w/ Zane and have it be helpful Im happy. Peace

Come away with 1 thing???? Shit bro, I've learned a ton just from listening to you....mucho K.........one final note, did he train arms together? Do you? High volume? Just curious to how it looked............

As for arms I have to check back to see what we did. When he was training for the olympia his arm routine was obviousely more intense. However the basic premise of Time Under Tension applied. For example in the case of biceps he did something very interesting. We did standing Bbel curls w/ a straight bar. Normal tempo up, 4-5 sec neg on the way down. Then we supersetted standing dumbell curls. Here is what the difference was...

In a normal dumbell routine for bis one would lift one arm while the opposing arm was in a fully extended position then switch ( Alternate dumbell curls ) What we did was never have the non working arm rest. In other words while you extended one arm down for the curl, the other arm would be in a ( flexed position, slightly bent ). In essence you never took tension off your bis. You wanna talk burn, it was INZANE ( hahahaha ).

Jkurz, I dont know what you lift, but the arm workouts in particular were humbling. I curl the 60's-65's with very good form, or so I thought. Do curls the way I described, I had a hard time w/ the 35's.

I will dig up the arm routines and post it. Later

great thread punch, but im curious about one thing....what does he look like nowadays? still ripped? how about his weight?

Top Bottom