Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My EF Fam, I got injured/hurt pretty bad....Need your help to keep me motivated!

the_alcatraz

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
Guys,
I was part of a local power lifting competition in my gym (nothing serious) and I was benching...going for 1st place. I did 365 lbs first attempt, 405 lbs second attempt and on my third attemp at 455 lbs, shit went downhill real quick.

I heard a tearing sound in my chest, sharp pain in my chest and shoulder and I lost the grip. The bar went down on my chest. I was able to leverage ot with my right arm and kind of take a huge portion of the hit off of my chest.

I did an x-ray: no broken ribs. No broken bones. Although I was having a hard time breathing after this for a good 10 minutes.

The doctor said he's not sure if there's an actual tear in my pec or shoulder. My left pec is the size of a catcher's mit - it feels like I've injected synthol in there. It looks like Greg Valentino's arms. My left shoulder is starting to get all purple and black and bubles are starting to form on the skin. It's starting to spread down to my left biceps. I feel tenderness, on my chest...it's so pumped I can't even flex it. I can move it though (so I don't think it's torn)

My shoulder feels like there's a knife stuck in there....I can't over there....not nearly enough range of motion. I cant flex my biceps...I have very little motion in my arm....the purple / black stuff is spreading.

See pictures below:

213s00m.jpg

It is getting bigger by the day..that was two days ago.

552xzo.jpg

My left chest looks like it needs draining or something...

The pain is really bad and I have a high tolerance for pain. I can hardly move my left arm, my shoulder or my chest. I have to sleep on my right side and I have trouble putting on shirts and getting out of bed.

I need your advice and thoughts on wtf is happening to me...do you think it's a torn muscle? how long do you think it will take to heal?

I'm on naproxen right now, which is doing nothing really....

Damn bro....

I'm sorry that happened to ya.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery

- iggy

Damn bro. I would have a CAT scan or at the very least an ultra sound done. Something looks torn for sure with that amount of blood near the surface and that dark. I would imagine it will be about 7-9 days before it even starts to get to a point where yesterday was better than today kinda feeling. It's gonna take time for sure bro but who knows how bad it really is without a look inside. Best of luck on a speedy recovery bro.

probably a tear but not super bad, then I imagine some bruising/hemorrhage from dropping 455 lbs on your chest. Go back to doc and keep bugging him. It's pretty much wait and see up there with that socialized fucking medicine. By the time you get any more scans or any real treatment, you'll have healed naturally.

that sounds like a tear bro..to be in that bad of shape

glad to hear no broken bones/ribs

monitor everything close to be on top of things..wish u the best of luck bro..sorry to hear about that

Ouch...thats some serious bruising. Smashed the hell out of a lot of blood lines I can imagine that would hurt like a beatch for a while. Best of luck with recovering.

something like that happened to me a number of years ago. ice it down 20 mins on 20 off to deal with that swelling/inflamation, and take a healthy dose of the NSAIDs. dont take no for an answer from the doctors bro. whether its scans or pain management, make sure they sort it out.

since you were pushing it when the injury occured its likely a tear. the swelling is a good thing, its trying to heal.

i've had something similar happen to me.. was benching 225 and the bar literally slipped out of my hand on the way up and landed luckily flat on my chest. and i was able to push it off.. if it was heavier weight or it landed on my neck then who knows.. anyway the next day my collarbone and chest was very sore, like i had been punched.

did you have a spotter there with you?

you are looking at a while off from doing your upper body, but trust me keep killing it with your legs. maybe this will be a blessing in that you can focus on your legs for a while until your upper body heals up.. then you will have a nice trunk and be able to zoom back fast on your upper body.

good luck man, keep us informed how it goes

Top Bottom