Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My college Routine - advice wanted

Update:
Its been a few weeks now, and for the first couple of weeks, my body faired nicely, then I posted my orignial post starting the third week, and that week was killer. My entire body felt sore every day. I was half assing it in the pool, at Ju Jitsu, and even at Yoga. My lifts felt harder than they should and I platued that week, not being able to left more on incline bench, military press, or deadlift. Then I took the weekend completely off, pretty much sleeping and eating the whole weekend, came back at it lighter last week, only going to Ju Jitsu twice, only swimming on two cardio days, and only running and bodyweight training on one cardio day. I ended up hitting a PR on deadlift and Incline Bench (and increased weight on squat), didn't get the military press up though. This week I'm doing my full cardio routine again, but I'm not doing Ju Jitsu due to exams (though I may go friday after my workout depending on how I feel). I hit a PR today again on Deadlift and a new one on Military Press. We will see how friday goes if I can get one on Bench and Squat.

Big Question though: I've been kinda thinking bout that beach shape, and I'm tired of being strong, but not looking like it. I'm hitting the same bench as other guys at the gym with biceps twice my size and well developed chests. Hitting Deadlifts with almost a hundred pounds more and squats of equal weight (except I do full squats whereas many of them do half squats) and compared to them I look like to pilsbury dough boy. By no means am I fat, I'm actually kinda skinny, but I have very slight development of my chest and arms and I want more. Since I won't have access to a gym this summer when I go home, I was thinking about doing P90x and just cut out fat and build up some good enduracne, then go into a true weight gaining stage come fall. I've decided to stay for a fifth year in college to work on a minor, so that gives me 3 years before I'll be in the Air Force, so I figure I still have plenty of time. What do ya'll think?

I think a bit part of your lack of muscle development has been the fact that you've been over training. You're not going to see the same muscle development as those guys because of the intense cardio. You've been doing swimming, bjj, and running. Now think of guys out there swimming competitively or running marathons, none of them have insane muscular definition right? Well I think it's the same for you. If you're really looking for that 'beach' shape you should probably cut back even further on the swimming and running and concentrate on a solid lifting routine and just the bjj for cardio. Or you can lift on 3 non-consecutive days and do bjj and HIIT for a couple days. Just my 0.02.

if I remeber correctly OneBreath helped you with a pretty decent tranformation to get a "beach body" about a year ago, I remember you decreasing your bodyfat percentage while also gaining lean muscle. Why not look back in your old training log to what you were doing then and do the same? That would at least be a start...

Ok, so now I'm getting into a new mode for the summer. I'm training officially for a fight club now thereby doing 5x5 Mon, Wed, Fri, and HIIT on Tues, Thurs, Sat, while starting up this CKD diet. (Which is pretty much what I did that summer, except I wasn't on the CKD diet, I was just trying to eat some healthy foods)

you need to eat more... time is one thing, buy saying you dont have extra money for more food is rediccuolous when you are spending money to drink 3 shakes a day and a NO explode before the weights...
food is much more important than supplements... and IMO, which i will probably get blasted for, eat some pizza and burritos if you are trying to get some size... as active as you are you will end up gaining more muscle than fat...

Top Bottom