Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My cardio routine, please critique

SEAL

So wrestling season is coming back around, and I'm almost preparing for navy seal training (BUDs), and my ass is in horrible shape, and my abs are barely visible now. I started this routine just last week and I'm starting to feel so much better..Looser, hungrier, leaner, more energetic, etc.

My routine:

-Run to the gym from my house ( 2 miles)
-Cool down on the bike in the gym (15 minutes)
-weightlift
-Core and callestenics
-Swim 1000yds-1mile in the pool
-Run back home (2 miles)

Currently I'm doing this 3-4 days a week, but gonna work my way about to 5 days a week and improve my speeds.

What do you all think of this routine?

Looks good man, Make sure you eat well before and really well afterwards. Any training is good so long as your endurance, speed and strength is improving.

Looks good – it’s great to vary your different forms of cardio! Also, maybe look to incorporate some sprints on your runs to/from gym.

only way to improve speed is to run fast; only way to run fast is to learn to run fast; best way--base/hills/speed work. The base gives you the cardio ability, the hills give you strength and teach form; speed work/intervals pushed your lactate threshold higher and higher and teaches you--biomechanically how to run fast--efficiently.

not being a negative smartass, but maybe a realistic comment will make you rethink joining the seals..

you are in horrible shape now and you want to be a navy seal??? good luck with that!! train your wrist to ring the bell 3 times..

navy seals are the elite of the elite.. you are out of shape now and want to be a seal??

unreal!!

good luck!

How old are you?

I'd look into the SEALfit program. They have outlined some good training profiles which will assist you in your PST prior to BUDs. Cardio alone will not help you my friend, so I'd also consider joining a Crossfit box. You have TONS of work ahead of you, but I for one will not discourage you from your dream.

One thing I will say, is that your screen name should be SEALwannabe or something like that. It's disrespectful to the guys who have earned the SEAL title, and you sir have not.

I would like you to consider another peace of training that olympic speed skaters use to increase speed and agility its a Japanese technique called TABATA it is a HIIT ( high intensity interval training ) you do each excercise for 20 seconds rest 10 seconds and do each excercise for eight continues times try Fitness Blender on You tube for different routines they have 20 minutes 30 minutes and more routines you will be huffing and puffing after each routine good luck.

Top Bottom