Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my blood was bright red ???

ffknight84

I cut myself the other day in practice, and instead of a dull, dark red. My blood was very bright and really red. Does this mean im getting good circulation, and a lot oxygen through my blood.

hmm i would like to know the answer to this too. My blood is really really dark... what does that mean?

ffknight84 said:
I cut myself the other day in practice, and instead of a dull, dark red. My blood was very bright and really red. Does this mean im getting good circulation, and a lot oxygen through my blood.

usually when blood comes out of the skin its bright red because its absorbing the oxygen from outside

could have been arterial rather than veinous. but that is usually spurting and messy. you would have noticed that.

brighter red means more oxygen content.... blood with less oxygen is really dark (why you see blue and green looking veins under your skin)

longarms is right in that if it was an artery usually is will spurt, unless it was a small/minor capilary lust off of an artery...

I don't think it really means anything other than it has a lot of oxygen in it from inside and outside the body combined...

The more important question, is were you forced to tape it up/cover it, as I believe NCAA rules are now...

it wasnt very big and just dribbled down my arm for a few minutes then dried up. the cut was towards the top of my outer tricep head, right arm.

The lager the cut, the darker the blood appears. That's what I notice, anyway.

A deep gash that doesn't bleed fast, just a lot, has really dark blood. But a small cut, that might flow more easily, seems to appear a lighter red.

Joker

Too add to this discussion.

Becoming is absolutely correct. The only thing that determines the colour of blood is oxegen/nutrient content that is delivered by the lungs, to the blood, then transported to wherever in the body it should go. As it gets used up by the body it is slowly being delivered BACK to the lungs to get "filled up" again with oxegen.

Depth of cut does not dictate colour of blood. It may seem that way because if you cut, for example, the liver the blood tends to be dark and viscous, this is a function of what the blood is composed of by the time it gets to the liver as opposed to how deep it is. There are plenty of spots internally that when cut or torn will produce that nice bright cheery/cherry coloured blood.

Typically because arteries carry blood away from the heart and lungs, arterial blood is that bright "happy" blood. The veins typically return blood to the lungs to get "filled up". Hence it is all used up and is dark and "sad".

Top Bottom