Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Big Squat Increase

Exodus

High End Bro
Platinum
Hey Guys let me be the first to say thank you for all your post

especially: Hannibal, 1_dawg,b fold the truth, PowerlifterJay,the mann and others that im leaving out

i have been listening to you guys for a few months now and putting most everything you say into practice..........

thanks for all the help......... my lifts have sored and im doing all sorts of crazy crap in the gym now that makes people just look at me funny........ and i even just ordered my first pair of bands to use.........

when it comes to squat everybody has said the bulk of power comes from hips, glutes, hams........... well i started bombing these areas with some of your request.........ie:wide leg sumo deadlift, box squats, glute ham raise,etc.

well 7 weeks ago i could hardly get 275 parallel for 2 reps..........

i had been asking you guys for helping saying my lower back was bad....... it is...... an old missed squat attemt.... and i kept saying that my hip strength was good.......... well i was wrong

yesterday i did 350 atf with a 2 second pause

it was not my lower back that was the problem........ my hips WERE weak which made my lower back do more work than it had too.......... i increased my hip strength..... i am sumo deadlifting 385 for 2 reps on a platform.... and my lower back had to hardly do any work

thanks guys......... i appreciate more than you know...... i know im not the strongest.......... but im a 20 year old powerlifter/bodybuilder........... i believe i have come a long way....thanks again.

Way to go Exodus!!! Now that you have the correct form and confidence, you are on your way!

Keep it up, and be sure to post it when you can put 4 biscuits on each side of the squat bar for an ATF. It's sort of a "rite of passage". After you hit 405, it just starts to get crazy after that.

Later.

Good job Exodus! Bro never be satisfied with your lifting. And always it hard like your not strong enough yet. The power will increase faster then you think. 2 yrs ago in my first 3 lift i squatted 500 after squatting for 3 months now i am around 750. My first bench meet 2 yrs ago i hit 405 my last was 585. thats just 2 yrs. now you wait a couple and you'll be a fuckin freak! Good luck!

Great job exodus - be proud. I hear what Jay is saying, be proud but always keep the bar raised up there, dont limit yourself. Two guys come to mind on this. I was talking with Clay Brandenburg about an 800 bench (he has done 775 in the gym) and he told me he REALLY has his sights set on 900! To hell with 8!

Also, I watched Ano Turtianinen of Finland pull 881 or so at 2 a.m. at the WPO event in orlando and I told him it looked "too strong not to have gotten it"

"never too strong" was his reply. Mark his words...

996690549883_covers.jpg

Heck of a job man...heck of a job. I am new to all of this too...and thanks to Hannibal I am learning in leaps and bounds. Never forget though...YOU put forth all of the work. No matter how much we tell you what to do...you put forth all of the work. Now...pass on the knowledge that you have gained.

I did dynamic squats tonight...at midnight. Taking 19 hours of school, working 40+ hours a week...and have been sick. Came home from work at 11:30 and knew I was gonna squat tonight. Been having problems with my cheap-o power rack..it is not wide or deep enough to box squat in. So...I made my own. Hope you like it.
337 for 9 sets of 2, 45-60 sec rest. Did 9 because the video of the 8th did not turn out great.

B True

thanks guys...... i appreciate your advise and encouragement

give me 12 weeks on this powerlifing cycle im starting today and i will give you some new numbers.

Top Bottom