Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My big bench increase!

Thanks Imnotdutch! And yes heavy wear i am ready to writew again. You just name it. Will you be at the bench bash next weekend? If so it will be good to meet you in person. And i will give a little of my views on equipped and non equipped. My best bench raw is 535 touch n go with good form. I have done 485 for 3 reps paused raw. If you go too any Major lifts in Fl you would see i am a strong raw bencher. But like squattin raw, benching raw pausing all the time will shortin your carrer in powerlifting. All the records are set equipped, and you make money lifting equipped. If you can bench 600 raw great! Put a shirt on and lift 10% more and make a name for yourself. I havent had to pay for my last 3 shirts and at 175 a pop i feel like my lifting is giving back. And i will lift for a long time. This is an arguement that goes way back and most true powerlifters lift equipped. You think nascar drivers cant haul ass in a normal car? I bet they can. Put them in their selected cars and there fuckin unbelievable. I have big plans for my lifting and the arnold classic doesnt invite raw benchers. If every one lifted raw i guess i would. And one last thing so you dont flame me too much, there isnt even any raw meets in my neck of the woods anyway. Good luck in your lifting, if you believe raw is the way then win titles and set your goals on being the king of the bench in your raw feds. Just dont come to the APf, APA, Or WPO cause you be going in to a gun fight with a little knife! And just one more thing cuaes i just read the last part of your post. It sounds to me like you have never put on a shirt. My denim and most all denim only assist the bottom 6 to 8 inches at most then your tris better be able to lock out whats on there. Use a 3 or 4 board in your pressing and theres your denim bro. If you put a shirt on like mine you could lower very slowly 560 probably, but your tris probably wouldnt go more then 8 inches off the bottom, then it would fall on your face or stomach. I have seen that happen many times now. So yes i am listening to myself, i have videos of me poppin 500 for 4 reps toucn go , 535 for 1. So yes i can pause 610 with my shirt, hell ya my shirt works! I am not flaming you, i am just giving my views, cause you probably are new to the sport and i just gave you a denim view. Peace bro.

Last edited:
Powerlifterjay...i am very new to the sport of powerlifting..and i toldly agree with your views on equipment...if the rules allow it use it!!!...plus with out equipment i think you would see alot more guys out there with blown out shoulders and stuff...i have done many one reps before and always felt my shoulders took most of the punishment, but i used a bench shirt for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it felt great!!..no pain in my shoulders at all...anyways..im doing my first bench comp. next week..ill be in the 181 junior class..ive singled 315 raw..and im going to be using a inzer heavy duty single ply shirt...do you think this shirt will put 10% on my bench??..oh yeah one more question...whats up with cutting the denim shirts...how does that add to your bench by loosing the the shirt??

I'm gonna get SO flamed for this, but here I go anyway.

I sort of agree with beef, but on a much more sane and un-angry way. I would like to see the lifts completed with absolutely no outside help from shirts, wraps, etc. Yeah, the lifts wouldn't be as impressive, but everyone would be on an equal playing field...

You're thinking, "Stupid bodybuilders... why don't they stay on their own f'king boards... "

kingsquat...how r ya',bro...i've talked with you a couple times and there is nothing wrong with that opinion.
i think that if people don't want to compete against others that use equipment,then stay with the fed that go raw.there are some out there,but like jay said,when you compete in MOST organizations you better be up with the times,cause it's here to stay and everyone uses shirts,suit,etc.another thing people don't understand till you use a shirt,THE SHIRT ONLY HELPS YOU ON THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THE LIFT,you must be able to push the weight through to lockout,easier said than done..........PEACE

37.gif
talk is cheap

buffarkie, i do not know if your shirt would add 10 % yet. I used a poly once when i first started powerlifting, and all it did for me was allow me to pause what i could just normally touch n go. My tris and lockouts are my strong point. Thats why i go so radically tight with my shirts. Infact i have given sizing advice to quite a few lifters and it wont work for them at all. Poly is good but i just dont have experience with them. Ask the mann he used them for a bit. Might still do. the difference between cuttin gmy denim in the back was to go so tigh ti could barely if at all go on with out cutting it. So when you put it on the front of the neck of the shirt lays across your chest so it will take a greater load to get it down the farther you pull the shirt down. Its hard to explain with out seeing it in person. Hey the mann you know how to put pics on here. Put one of george halbert with his on. And maybe they will see what i am saying. And king squat your opinion is welcome here. And truly if every one was raw i would be better then i am now. Cause i believe alot of westsiders arent very strong at the bottom. But they do make shirts and they do prolong carrers. And the big feds allow them so you gotta do what you gotta do.

powerlifterjay..i'll post these till i get better ones,in these pics you can see how the shirt is pulled down in the front slightly.....george halbert in pic on left,big john grove in pic on right,both wearing denim
george14.jpg
john11.jpg

buffarkie-wus up,there's no way to tell how much you will get from a shirt.it depends on where your sticking point is.i would get used to a shirt period before going to denims and double polys.start with the shirt you said you were going to get,but once you learn a shirt you'll be going tighter and tighter.like powerlifterjay said,you gotta have the tri's.won't matter what shirt poly or denim,the shirt won't lock the weight out for ya'.powerlifterjay is a very good friend of mine and i've seen him lift.he has helped me greatly with training and shirts.when you get your new shirt you gotta train in it. your bench will most likely come down to the lockout,then it's tri's,tri's,tri's..................

talk is cheap
:angel:

The mann and powerlifterjay...thank for the advice!!..thats what makes this board so great...you have experienced knowledgeable guys on here that are willing to give a young kid like me help....this is my first bench comp. and i havent had much practice time in a shirt but i plan on using it for about a year so i can get use to it and then either get a double ply or a tighter single ply...at this competition though im just going up there to get the experience and have some fun...oh yeah by the way...the last couple of weeks ive been blasting the hell out of my tirs and i really think it has helped my bench alot..ive always thought my tris where my strength anyways...thats why i was thinking the shirt my help out alot...anyways i just wanted to tell you guys thinks for the advice...catch you guys later

buffarkie i will just give you my get ready bench last 2 weeks so i am fresh and strong come meet day. I bench on Mon and due tris assistance. On thurs i hit tri's again. 2 mondays out i hit my second attempt for the contest and then continue the normal routine. Then thurs the week before i hit my third attempt off the 4 board. Then the monday of the last week i come in warmup like iam at a meet then just do my opener then do nothing else the rest of th eweek. If i squat that week it would be on wed instead of fri. And hey the mann good job on the pics. You are coming along great in your knowledge. When you love this sport the way we do us students quickly become the teachers. Keep it bro.

Top Bottom