Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscles should be torn after working out? Q regarding workout intensity

Naeem

Hey all, just got a few question regarding my workouts. Typically I dont work out until my muscles are totally sore and hurt the next day. But someone told me this way of doing it was wrong.

Basically, for maximum muscle growth, should I be working out with extreme intensity and making sure my muscles are completely torn after a workout? It takes me days to recover after working the muscles really hard. Is this over training? Should I slow down so I can go to the gym more often?

How hard should I be working out to build optimum muscle? My regimen consists of:
Day 1) chest/back
day 2) arms/abs
day 3) legs
After this I will wait until my chest is fully healed before starting again.
If I have energy I will do cardio too.

Thanks any help is appreciated :)

I would suggest splitting it up a bit. Instead of working out 3 days straight and then waiting to heal, i would do this:
*this works for me at least

monday-chest/shoulders
tuesday-bi's/tri's
wednesday-off
thursday-quads/hams/calves
friday-back/lats/forearms
saturday-off
sunday-off

the 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off program has giving me the best results.

I would suggest splitting it up a bit. Instead of working out 3 days straight and then waiting to heal, i would do this:
*this works for me at least

monday-chest/shoulders
tuesday-bi's/tri's
wednesday-off
thursday-quads/hams/calves
friday-back/lats/forearms
saturday-off
sunday-off

the 2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off program has given me the best results.

Do you train shoulders? You don`t have them down on your split.

If you do each muscle group almost 2x a week then you may be doing too much, depending on you number of sets/intensity. And btw intensity is a relative term.

If you put 1 rest day in between each of your workout days Then take weekends off you should be fine. But keep close tabs on the sets per group.

Well like a lot of you know, bodybuilding isnt an exact science so this is a question that cant really be answered directly by myself or anyone but you. You need to do a little trial and error. Learn your body and listen to it. If you stop growing, stop getting stronger, then yes, you may be training them too much too hard. Beleive it or not, but I'm training someone right now and i just switched him onto a 4 exercise movements a day 3 times a week only using compound and core moves. 5x5 routine and he has grown more in 3 weeks then he did in 4 months of training using the more conventional training styles with isolation exercises. His quote "it almost seems to easy now"

So for some less can be better.

In my opinion, By the sound of it, i think if your that hurt and torn, for that period of time, I think you might be overtraining. Oh yea and I would definetly split it up a bit, like monday, wed, friday instead of 3 days straight. Or even do monday, tues, friday,

Good Lucks

Scaggs

Top Bottom