Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle soreness and strength/muscle developement relationship

DaCypher

I was wondering if there was a direct relationship between the amount a muscle soreness you experience and the amount of muscle growth and/or strength increase (however small it may be).

I don't pretend to know the physiology of it. All I know is what I've read, and that is that soreness does not equal growth.

DaCypher said:
I was wondering if there was a direct relationship between the amount a muscle soreness you experience and the amount of muscle growth and/or strength increase (however small it may be).

small soreness is good since it tells you that you hit your body well.

Soreness which lasts more than 2 full days is bad...

The more time your muscle aren't sore, the more time it has to grow (rather than repairing itself).

not getting sore is okay, as long as you improve (strenth and muscle size wise)

k?

you get sore because when you workout you're tearing the muscle down and lactic acid gets pushed into the muscle. If you're sore, all it really means is that you're putting the muscle through a different type of stress then it is used to.

Re: Re: Muscle soreness and strength/muscle developement relationship

SSAlexSS said:

Soreness which lasts more than 2 full days is bad...

homie have you ever hit your legs with some intensity? you can be sore upwards of 4-5 days from that. even intense soreness is a good thing as long as it isn't an unnatural soreness to the point where it feels like you have pulled something or hurt a tendon or ligament.

there is no positive relationship between the effects of DOMS and gains in size and strength. if you are always sore after training you are lacking in either your diet and or rest periods or both. there is no reason to be sore all the time, even when constantly training heavy.

Re: Re: Re: Muscle soreness and strength/muscle developement relationship

supersizeme said:

homie have you ever hit your legs with some intensity? you can be sore upwards of 4-5 days from that. even intense soreness is a good thing as long as it isn't an unnatural soreness to the point where it feels like you have pulled something or hurt a tendon or ligament.

hehe, not me. i hit them more intense than most, i just eat enough and stretch them and stop before i overtrain. fine line. HIT tends to stop you before overtraining. for quads, maybe 9 sets....maybe. 3-5 sets for hams, same for calves. but not all in one day for me.

Top Bottom