Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle Soreness

baloo98

Hey everyone haven't been here in a while but looking to get more involved, I forgot how awesome and saturated in knowledge this site is :)

I was wondering how everyone gauges whether they've done too much weight/reps via muscle soreness and what the average/normal amount of days that muscle groups should be sore after you've worked them?

Hamstrings were sore for over three days last week after dead lifts so I figured that was too much and I'm decreasing reps this week and taking off five pounds or so.

You can't get too sore.

I would not reduce workload because you feel muscular soreness a couple of days after. That is a good thing, soon enough you will have to bust your ass in the gym so you can feel it just a little bit the next day.

A better indication of if you need to decrease your workload is joint soreness, not muscular soreness.

After a particularly tough squat session I will be very sore for about 2 days after, and will still feel it in my legs for another two days after that. This is coming from an intermediate lifter, unlike you who should have more sever soreness because your body is still adapting to the lifting movements.

In conclusion

Muscular Soreness = Good, keep doing what your doing.
Joint Pain = Stop!

Top Bottom