Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The muscle media bench program set up

nanes0

Hey guys, this is an old school program you can still find online to this day. So bros, according to this program if you follow it closely you will be able to add 50 pounds to you bench every 7 weeks, you guys know way more than I do about bodybuilding since i have been in the game just 5 months, now ...do you think it is realistic ?

In 5 months I have been able to add only 20 pounds to my bench using the muscle media bench program?

That timeline isn't too unreasonable but it is very individual and due to a lot of factors - genetics, nutrition, training experience etc.

Someone who is a new lifter will have a much easier time adding 50 pounds to his benchpress then an experienced lifer who is close to his genetic potential.

The only way to know for sure is to try. Try to add a 2.5 pound plate to each side of the bar every time you bench. If you do 10 workouts, that would add 50 pounds to your bench.

Realistic only for a beginner who does not have a proper bench. If you are a person who already hit the weights at which you are struggling, adding 50 pounds on a bench sounds highly unreasonable

There can be no exact answer to this question, since there are many variables. First of all, as it was mentioned above, if you are new to lifting, you will have a much easier time increasing the bench weights. However, if you are close to your limits, then obviously it is a much harder task to accomplish. Then again, there are such factors as genetics, training, supplements, diet, etc, all of which will also affect your performance and progress.

it is ridiculous. 50 pounds in 7 weeks? if you are a total newb to lifting and hopped on gear from day 1 you can do it. it is going to result in a destruction of your soft tissues in the process

this is a marathon and not a sprint. I have more respect for someone who busts their ass and lives the life who adds 50 pounds to their bench over the course of 2 years naturally and safely.

You have to be careful with such quick jumps because your tendons and ligaments will need to support this increase. This can easily lead to injury.

Top Bottom