Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle gains your first year

How much muscle did you gain your first year?

• 0-10

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 40+

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
About 7 years, I weighed exactly 162 pounds. I was boxing at the time and not putting much effort into weight training. Shortly thereafter, I made the switch to powerlifting. Within one year, I was up to about 200 pounds. That's 38 pounds of bodyweight in one year. However, I believe only about 20 of these pounds could have been muscle. It's hard for me to believe that some people have put on 30+ pounds of lean body mass. It just doesn't seem physiologically possible in my eyes.

I voted 11-20, but it was probably at the lower end of that.

Knowing where you got the inspiration form this thread from, I would say that much higher gains are possible. I started training for sport, with functional strength being the goal, rather than just weight. My participation in sport also meant a calorific deficit was almost inevitable!

I would say that the majority of trainers will be at the lower end of the spectrum, because on the whole, it is not until you are into lifting, that your interest leads to an accumulation of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, there are very few that have access to experienced and knowledgeable individuals in both training and nutrition right from the outset, if there where, then the weights voted for here could quite easily be much higher.

Last edited:
170 @ 15% = 144.5 lbs LBM

205 @ 10% = 184.5 lbs LBM

So 40 here. I could have put on 10 lbs more (at least) if I:

1. Didn't spend time cutting
2. Didn't do volume training for the first few months
3. Didn't slack off/lose focus during the year

Ive gained 20 pounds every year since freshman year

freshman year: 100-120
sophmore year: 120-140
juinor year: 140-160
seinor year to present: 160-175