Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle Gain: Free Weights vs. Machines

MutantGeneX

A lot of people debate about which one is effective when it comes to exercising and producing muscles. They often debate whether machines are more effective or free weights. Basically, barbells and free weights are classified as free weights. On the other hand exercises that have pulleys or cables to help you lift the weight are machines.

In order to gain muscles, you need to focus more on free weight exercises. For all machine enthusiasts out there, you might rethink about which one is more effective. Free weights are indeed more effective in promoting muscle growth. Although the exercises here are much more difficult to execute because nothing is actually assisting you to employ the correct execution, this fact alone is why free weight exercise is much more effective.

Let me know your thoughts of which one is more effective! I choose free weights though!

Machines aren't that bad. If you don't believe me, pick one up next time you are in the gym and do a farmer walk.

just kidding....

obviously free weights are best. Sometimes I hit a machine or two at the end of my regular workout, if I feel like it just to fuck around on. Cables are probably the only one worth a crap.

The cables are the only machines i ever use. I don't think many on here would ever argue that machines are better. This isn't the snap fitness forum Amirite ?

Agree they're definitely not a staple in my work out either however they definitely serve a purpose different machines target different parts of the muscle through all the different ranges of motion. They can be like the cherry on top of the work out if you will I find that the restricted movement actually can hit the muscles very well.

Top Bottom