Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle and Fitness Says Decline is the Best for Building Chest Now - WTF?

curling

I was reading in my M&F last night that decline is the best for building chest do to a study from some school. They placed a emg or ekg or something like that to the chest muscles and said decline stimulated more chest muscle that flat or incline. They also brought up that most bodybuilders say it is useless but they are wrong.

So now what I guess I should put it back in.

What do ya'll think about this?

The EKG tests are complete crap as a measure of overall neuromuscular stress, hypertrophy, etc. A bunch of scientists decide that using a machine that measures neural impulses is the best way of determining an exercises' worth. Bullsh!t alert. it's oversimplification and shoddy science at its worst.

I don't even want to get into it. ARGH! I HATE junk like this. Do your declines if you want to, or if you want to avoid bringing your anterior delts into the exercise (That's assuming your delts are hyooger than your chest). Otherwise, stick to the basics.

You answered your question in the subject of your post when you said that it was in Muscle and Fitness.

Why did you take it out of your routine? Because they did not help you grow or because you read that they would not help you grow?

Do what works for you...from trial and error.

B True

I like declines personally. I can feel them the best, especially with dumbells. Besides, there are only so many chest exercises you can do until you have to get very creative and eliminating the various decline movements seriously cuts down on your options.

I disagree with you Nathan, no offense meant, but I have built a big, strong, well-shaped chest from doing 2 exercises. Flat and incline barbell bench press. But hey, that is what works for me...nothing fancy...just hard work.

B True

By no means did I mean that one needs declines. I simply meant that you might get a bit bored after a while doing the same exercises and that declines do have their merit as well and are not a pointless exercise, at least in my opinion.

Fuck declines, dips hit your chest the very same way. My chest routine is something like this.
(after warm up's)

Flat 4 set for 7-10 reps.
Dips 4 sets weighted for between 8-15 reps.
Inclines 3 sets for 10 reps.

This is a once a week workout and works well for me.
Regards
Bouncer

TOMCAT: thats the most accurate thing i have read on this board.

Bob kennedy is about the same.
I was reading MMI last night. In the cartoons they have of BOB he is HUGE like bigger then arnold.
he is wearing a t shirt that says "IM BOB AND YOUR NOT" and everyone lifting weights has a T shirt or dog collar that sayd ASK BOB. :rolleyes:

this guy isnt half up himself.........but i think the guy that drew the pictures.........is way up bob,

If they said every month that flat and inclines were best for the chest readers would get bored so they have to come up with fresh ideas on training to keep people buying their magazine. Best to stick to the basic lifts.

Top Bottom