Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle contraction

jaapstern

[FONT=&quot]Hey guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just wondering, I know you should contract your muscles on all excercises. But if I find it especially hard to contract my right pec (but my left one i can go all out) during benchpresses.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also when I do Yates style rows, I find it hard to contract my lats at the top. Afterwards when I am sore I usually feel all my soreness in my trap area and my upper back, but I don't think that qualifies as last enough does it? When working lats do traps always get involved and get worked as well? even when I do shoulder presses I feel my traps taking a beating.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any advice would be appreciated![/FONT]

I wouldn't stress it too much. Everyone's body mechanics are different so just try to stick with good form and what works for you

if you are training for strength contracting is not what you want to do on bench press at all.. great way to rip a pec.

if you are training for high reps to get a strong burn just using proper form will suffice. you don't have to worry about contracting. just a controlled motion will do all the contracting for you :)

What Stevesmi says is correct. Indeed I'll quote Yates. Strength training is moving the weight from A-B. Simple as.

Bodybuilding is nearly all about the contraction. However, as per another post, that doesn't mean a good contraction with 20lbs is as good as say 40lbs - cos it's not.

What Stevesmi says is correct. Indeed I'll quote Yates. Strength training is moving the weight from A-B. Simple as.

Bodybuilding is nearly all about the contraction. However, as per another post, that doesn't mean a good contraction with 20lbs is as good as say 40lbs - cos it's not.

exactly. and once people learn both points their results will improve significantly. we don't just go to the gym and throw weights around and think our muscles will grow magically, there is a method to the madness. the best bodybuilders have great genetics but they also are very smart. although Arnold played dumb characters in his movies, in real life he is actually extremely intelligent. same with the Rock.

and i love those guys at the gym who bounce the weights off their pecs while benching or bend their spine and bounce the weights off the floor when deadlifting, then when i show them how to properly do it they can't even do half that weight. it is like those goofballs who spend an hour on the elliptical and think that is real cardio. momentum is not the same thing on all 3 counts

Top Bottom