Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Multiple exercises or more sets

EMAN

Heres the deal. I go to the gym with the intention of doing say 3 exercises with 2 sets each. 6 total sets. My problem is I always end up doing more because I think of other exercises I want to do. Then I end up overdoing it. So my solution is the following:

Instead of 2 sets, 3 exercises (6 total sets) I'll do 1 set, 6 exercises (6 total sets). That way, I can do more of the exercises I like and incorporate some variety in my workout. Sound good or bad????

Sounds good to me. I'd do more sets though. You need more than 6. I usually do 4 exercises, 2 sets each = 8 total sets.

Thanks. 6 was just an example. I plan on doing/ week:
Shoulders -7 sets
Chest: 8 sets
Back: 7 sets
BIS: 6 sets
TRIS: 7 sets
TRAPS: 5
and so on.

I think I was just concerned that 1 set per exercise wasn't enough so was it OK to do 1 set if you do more exercises. Thanks for the reply.

you can do one set per exercise but i would say do 2. with one, unless you are really in tune with the weight you use, chances are you will be getting familiar and not really taxing the muscle. know what i mean? im notorious for doing 2 sets especially on smaller muscles like bis tris. for legs, back and chest you could do a few more sets. but spend more time with one exercise instead of one here and one there etc. 8 sets of 8 different exercises just seems like you would be running around more than anything. stick to 2-4 exercises and complete your sets that way. then after a few weeks substitute a different exercise for one you do now. just rotate that way.

Top Bottom