Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Moya's Log of Insanity

honestly, ive never done programs like this... my old training went pretty much by just how i felt... im thinking i will do better with this...
my workouts used to be close to 2hrs, now they are barely 1hr...
my old workouts were lots of singles, too much assistance work... the squats now are more, but im deadlifting a lot less of a workload now...

Great log so far. I love it when you can make a change and feel like you're doing just as much, if not more, and still be in the gym less time!

Enjoy the holidays! Plenty of time to diet after Christmas....at least that's what I keep telling myself. ;)

wednesday... 12/22/10
deadlifts
warmup, 135x5, 225x3, 315x3, 365x1
work 1x2x435 easy...
speed deads off 3in box (deficit)
8x3x355... good bar speed, not really challenging, but broke a sweat... 90 sec rest between sets is no problem here...

squats
warmup, 135x5, 225x3, 275x3
work, 5x7x320... made it!... first couple sets may have had a couple slightly high... last set has best depth... pretty long rest periods bewteen sets 3, 4 and 5... not too sure on what im allowed, will have to look that up later...

db pullovers
2x8x90 solid, not too difficult

dry sauna stretching

my legs are pretty swole right now... next week i will do squats before deads, as they are more challenging at this phase... an hour later now my legs are SORE...
...halfway through the first 3 week phase of smolov... im pretty confident im going to make all my lifts... i will definately do a video when i test my max on week 4...

thursday... 12/23/10

bored at home from being off work, decided to go to gym with wife and do some bullshit exersises...

20min. walk @2.5mph

concentration curls
2x8x25 each arm

ez bar curl
1x8x70
1x5x80

"pistol squat stretches"
5x10sec. each leg...
holding opposite leg out @bottom of deep squat on one leg, stretching...

21's
1x21x45

hanging from straight bar
double over
bw 20sec.
45x 28sec.
70x 16sec.
mixed grip
bw x65sec.

hammer curl
8x30 each

friday... 12/24/10
light bench
2x10x135 pretty damn easy...

squats
warmup 45x5, 135x5, 225x5, 275x1, 315x1
work 7x5x340
this is getting very fucking challenging, depth was there... not super deep, but definately making parallel each rep...
KILLER LOWER BACK PUMP after set 5... this was not easy to work with, wanted to give up, cussed myself in the mirror... kissed the bar and chalked my back...

dips
bwx5
2x12x45 not too hard... not easy though...

extra credit...
db fly's
8x30
8x35

oh db tri ext
8x80

OK... i am NOT going to attempt my saturday squats at home, no spotter, no safety pins... in cold outside weather too...
im going to push that workout back to sunday because the gym is closed... and then continue tuesday with the following week and be over one day.... not sure if we are closed new year's, hopefully not, otherwise im going to be off a bit... but i will adjust this during the switching phase and there shouldnt be anymore holidays to worry about... i feel a bit pussy not doing these at home tomorrow... maybe i will change my mind...
bench routine will continue as usual on monday...
if i shift workouts over, not sure how i will work deads in yet...
open to suggestions...

keep up the good work my man. squats are lookin really good- esp. considering i know you've always been more of a deadlifter

Top Bottom