Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most pushups you've ever done.

Most pushups you've ever done in a row?

• 0-5

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 10-20

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 20-30

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • 30-40

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • 40-50

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • 50-60

Votes: 42 15.5%
  • 60-70

Votes: 29 10.7%
  • 70-80

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • 80+

Votes: 112 41.3%

• Total voters
Megalomaniac said:
Aren't you laughing your ass off at these numbers. The most I've ever seen or heard a guy do in the Army in 12 years is 134 in 2 minutes. Some of them probably shouldn't have counted either so I would say that number is inflated. I did 112 in 2 minutes but probably shouldn't have gotten 10 or so of them counted. I'm not saying more can't be done but a lot of experience gets me questioning a bit.

How about the guys doing 80 in one minute..Bull s#$%^

Those may be 1/4 pushups. the type were the person moves .5 inches in each direction.....

72 in 2 minutes is my best. US ARMY...

I can bounce around and pull off a 100 quick and sloppy just like everyone else being timed
I hate that shit , I usually only do 15-20 really nice clean ones full range of motion no body momentum with strict form.
when done correct the chest and triceps get fucking burt.

chazk said:
I can bounce around and pull off a 100 quick and sloppy just like everyone else being timed
I hate that shit , I usually only do 15-20 really nice clean ones full range of motion no body momentum with strict form.
when done correct the chest and triceps get fucking burt.

finally, the voice of reason.

High rep pushups aren't good for much. It's like doing a lesser version of real cardio.

I have been in the military and before that as a teenager could do 15 legit one arm pushups.

One arm pushups and weighted pushups are valuable as they develope real strength and teach you how to increase core tension.

Basic pushups are good when you are out of shape, but once you can do about 25 perfect reps it's time to up the difficulty imho.

My best amount during a 2 minute miltary pushup test was 87 reps. All the way down and back up to lockout.

Big deal. I doubt I could have benched my own bodyweight when I did that.

I also would always severely gas out at about the 50th rep no matter how often I practiced or what style I did. The last 30 or so reps were sporadic.

Some guys could do 100 without stopping.

I think this also correlates to fiber ratio and makeup as I believe guys that do very high amounts without stoppage have higher levels of slow twitch fibers.

One arm pushups and handstand pushups are excellent strength builders and very impressive if you can do reps of either if you weigh over 200lbs.

ghettostudmuffin said:
High rep pushups aren't good for much. It's like doing a lesser version of real cardio.

I have been in the military and before that as a teenager could do 15 legit one arm pushups.

One arm pushups and weighted pushups are valuable as they develope real strength and teach you how to increase core tension.

Basic pushups are good when you are out of shape, but once you can do about 25 perfect reps it's time to up the difficulty imho.

My best amount during a 2 minute miltary pushup test was 87 reps. All the way down and back up to lockout.

Big deal. I doubt I could have benched my own bodyweight when I did that.

I also would always severely gas out at about the 50th rep no matter how often I practiced or what style I did. The last 30 or so reps were sporadic.

Some guys could do 100 without stopping.

I think this also correlates to fiber ratio and makeup as I believe guys that do very high amounts without stoppage have higher levels of slow twitch fibers.

One arm pushups and handstand pushups are excellent strength builders and very impressive if you can do reps of either if you weigh over 200lbs.

yep it's one thing to say you do them
It another to have someone standing over you screaming while you're doing them

Struggling to break the 45-50 (1min) mark myself at the moment, I do them elbows tucked in, though the army only requires you to be able to do a minimum of 60 in 2 minutes fortunately for the BFT.

Top Bottom