Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most pushups you've ever done.

Most pushups you've ever done in a row?

• 0-5

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 10-20

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • 20-30

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • 30-40

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • 40-50

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • 50-60

Votes: 42 15.5%
  • 60-70

Votes: 29 10.7%
  • 70-80

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • 80+

Votes: 112 41.3%

• Total voters
I'm 5 6 180 pounds with 15% bf. i dunno what is 'big' about any of that, and what bearing that has on ones ability to do pushups? there are fat guys who can do 100 pushups, there are skinny guys who can do pushups. i guarantee you someone who works at it can do it!

when i was 140 pounds with 6% bf and was a runner i could also do 125 pushups in a row. i honestly don't see any difference in my ability to do pushups at this weight vs. that weight. now pullups is another story. i do have more difficulty doing pullups today, but keep in mind my arm injuries make it impossible to really bust my ass doing them.

i think you have a misconception about pushups. there are female gymnasts that can rip off 100 pushups as well as scrawny Asian martial artists.

now when it comes to being able to bench 300 pounds, that is a totally different story.

Oh sorry for some reason I had you confused with someone else. I thought you were like 240 or something haha lol! It makes a huge difference on pushups are you kidding? When you do a pushups it's like benching a percentage of your bodyweight, and once you get over 200 pushups get way harder. In my opinion, benching 300 is much easier than getting 125 pushups. The pushups have to be done without even pausing at the top, continuous motion with the upper arms getting below parallel each rep and full extension at the top, plus a somewhat slow tempo.

i know some fat guys who are black belts at karate. its weird. you look at them and cannot believe it. but i see your point.

my pic on my profile is me at 190 at the end of my last deca cycle. so i was kinda bloaty and had some water weight. but no way am i 240 lol. i doubt i will never be that heavy unless i totally quit working out and eat pizza and ice cream for the next 5 years straight.

i know some fat guys who are black belts at karate. its weird. you look at them and cannot believe it. but i see your point.

my pic on my profile is me at 190 at the end of my last deca cycle. so i was kinda bloaty and had some water weight. but no way am i 240 lol. i doubt i will never be that heavy unless i totally quit working out and eat pizza and ice cream for the next 5 years straight.

ya know I got you I think for some reason I had you confused with some other guy. I didnt even look at your pic before and now that I look no way you're 240 lol!

At 5'8.5" and 238-240lbs I can bang at 25-30 literally perfect pushups if I'm fresh. At the end of a workout I can do 20 with good form.

In the past when I was 160lbs I could do 100 pushups if I didn't overtrain on them. In bootcamp we were doing them every fucking day and my max was around 88 very quality reps. I saw plenty of guys do around 90-100, but they were like those fast, half-rep pushups which have their place imo, but not as a legit style for a pushup test.

I've come to the conclusion that anything over about 20 pushups doesn't mean jack shit. All you are working is muscular endurance with a pitiful weight. Doing a typical pushup is using about 60% of your bodyweight.

I'd rather be able to do 20 good pushups and bench 300 than do 100+ pushups and be lucky to bench 225. 99% of the guys in bootcamp that can do 80+ pushups cannot bench 225. I would put big money down on that.

So there ya go. As a form of cardio I don't see a problem with pushups because they do have their place in developing upper body conditioning. Other than that I think they aren't worth spending too much time on.

160. 20 second rest then thumped out 40 more. rolled over and couldn't lift my arms...so I just laid there....

Top Bottom