Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

why does all the b/s go down at the squat rack? anyway yesterday i walked over to the sqaut rack and there was a styrafoam cup sitting on it full of water i looked around and only 2 people in the weight room so im standing there and some geeky guy runs over (im thinking he will move his water) takes a drink sets it back down on the rack and runs back to the row machine i was like wtf, imeditly i thought of this thread anyway i kept my cool i jus politly picked up the cup and set it up against the wall for him.

vin01 said:
I had my first run in with a "new year resolutioner" today.

I was working out at my school gym, which has a quite large Indian population. I was done my routine today, and decided to go do some curls and tri extensions in the exercise room (where the machines and hot girls are, as opposed to the free weights room). I am looking around for a 35lb db to match the one in my hand, can't find it anywhere. I look over to the hyperextenstion/ side bend station, and see a skinny little Indian dude gabbin' with his buddies, a few feet away from my missing 35# db and a random assortment of other DBs. Well I go take it, do my set, and sit down for a breather. As I am watching this kid in the mirror, he comes back to do his side bends and realizing I stole his weight, he proceeds to pick up his water bottle and keys, and just walks out of the room, leaving the other 14 dumbells there. I was tempted to chase after him to tell him to put the weights away, but thankfully (for all the patrons in the gym) I restrained myself from causing a scene. ;)

That is something that really pisses me off, you're looking for a dumbell and you see one guy standing in the middle of a pile of asorted dumbells. I can see using two at a time max for a drop set or something but there is absolutley no justification for using every dumbell from 5lbs to 30 all at once.

vin01 said:
I had my first run in with a "new year resolutioner" today.

I was working out at my school gym, which has a quite large Indian population. I was done my routine today, and decided to go do some curls and tri extensions in the exercise room (where the machines and hot girls are, as opposed to the free weights room). I am looking around for a 35lb db to match the one in my hand, can't find it anywhere. I look over to the hyperextenstion/ side bend station, and see a skinny little Indian dude gabbin' with his buddies, a few feet away from my missing 35# db and a random assortment of other DBs. Well I go take it, do my set, and sit down for a breather. As I am watching this kid in the mirror, he comes back to do his side bends and realizing I stole his weight, he proceeds to pick up his water bottle and keys, and just walks out of the room, leaving the other 14 dumbells there. I was tempted to chase after him to tell him to put the weights away, but thankfully (for all the patrons in the gym) I restrained myself from causing a scene. ;)

vin, i posted something just like that in one of my stories! you don't happen to live in KY do you???

luckily, i workout at the rec complex on campus and nothing but a bunch of flamingos work out there (flamingo aka bench and curl guru, squat? what is that? u know the type) so the power racks are usually vacant. but i also get a kick out of the groups of 5 or 6 guys in their preacher curl rotation. while one lifts, the other 5 are hitting on girls on the ellipticals. good shit

njlw226 said:
vin, i posted something just like that in one of my stories! you don't happen to live in KY do you???

Haha, No.. I am in Pa.. but that would of been all too funny if it had happened to be the same kid. :p

I'm sorry I couldn't help but post this story. I actually starting laughing out loud in the gym this evening.

I'm sitting on a bench taking a rest between sets of powercleans. In the mirror I see a group of 6 skinny freshman walking down the stairs (our school gym is downstairs), get this: wearing their gloves. That's when I started laughing. They looked like a flock of geese.

But it gets better:
Next thing you know the flock of freshman is following their leader in a series of shoulder stretches, swinging a 10lb plate around in a circle. I was pissing myself watching this, 6 dorks all in a row flailing their arms in sync, it was hilarious.

Then they proceed to start doing behind the neck military presses on the Smith. All 6, taking turns (with their hands spaced waaaay too far apart- I thought somebody might snap a wrist). Now the Smith rack is right in front of where I was doing cleans, so I have this flock of dweebs gathered around, as I am working out. Haha, once I did my first clean, they instantly scattered, probably thinking "wtf this dude is nuts!".

And that was the just the beginning..

vin01 said:
I'm sorry I couldn't help but post this story. I actually starting laughing out loud in the gym this evening.

I'm sitting on a bench taking a rest between sets of powercleans. In the mirror I see a group of 6 skinny freshman walking down the stairs (our school gym is downstairs), get this: wearing their gloves. That's when I started laughing. They looked like a flock of geese.

But it gets better:
Next thing you know the flock of freshman is following their leader in a series of shoulder stretches, swinging a 10lb plate around in a circle. I was pissing myself watching this, 6 dorks all in a row flailing their arms in sync, it was hilarious.

Then they proceed to start doing behind the neck military presses on the Smith. All 6, taking turns (with their hands spaced waaaay too far apart- I thought somebody might snap a wrist). Now the Smith rack is right in front of where I was doing cleans, so I have this flock of dweebs gathered around, as I am working out. Haha, once I did my first clean, they instantly scattered, probably thinking "wtf this dude is nuts!".

And that was the just the beginning..
How much did you clean? (anything less than 225 is bannable)

My last 2 days at the gym there were the usual morons doing ridiculous things but 2 people really stood out to be overly moronic.

The first guy I dubbed the dancing shrug guy. This guy was gold, wearing his straps and belt like it was a shirt and pants, he put them on in the locker room and it stayed on until he went home for the day.

I saw him load the bar with 135 for some shrugs, didn't figure much until he started doing this up and down dance type thing. He was bounding up and down really fast doing some kind of foreign dance with the bar (this was no power shrug). I wish I had video f this guy, it was way too funny. After he finished his barbell shrugs he did the same thing with dumbell, same dance routine but supersetted with preacher curl.

Now for moron #2.
I had just finished up standing military press and was setting up t do deadlifts in front of the squat rack (there's no where else t do them). He asks if he can use the squat rack for squats and of course I say sure, that's what it's for.

He grabs a bar and gets set up by putting 5lb plates 3' away form the squat rack right in front of my dead lift bar. I ask why he's doing the squas way out there and he replies "I go right down". Ok... the squat rack has an adjustable bar, but what ever. I figure good, someone in this gym that actually squats right.

He throws 135 on the bar walks 3' backwards and does a squat to almost parallel (I guess almost parallel qualifies for "all the way down" these days). He then throws a 25 on each end and for his next set he walks out 3' again and does the most pitiful 1/4 squat I have ever seen. I wanted to say something but I have learned the hard way it's a waste of time...

Last night I get to the gym around 5 PM, and the 'after work' crowd was there. 4 squat racks. I had to hang out for 20 minutes before one opened, I was in no hurry, no harm done, so I did some situps and back hypers to get warm and made some observations......

Rack #1 has an early 20's guy doing 'cheat curls', really cheating, lol, with a massive 65lbs.

Rack #2 has a 30-something guy inside on a balance board (or whatever the 'F it's called) doing some ridiculous routine that looked like when Mr. Miaygi taught the Karate Kid how to do the 'Crane Kick' while balancing on a boat.

Rack #3 has 3 college kids who the average person would consider 'buff'. They obviously just got hooked up with some goods, now I have NO issues with steroids, but I would describe the skin color of these kids as heart attack purple. They were doing 'behind the back' 1/4 shrugs with 225. I overheard one say that they were using dumbells next to really ' work the entire trapezoids'.....not trapezius, lol, he said 'trapezoids'.

Rack #4 has a guy, probably late-20's, doing barbell rows off the pins. He was using 315, but if he were to do a strict row in good form, he would probably have to use 135, as he looked like he was ass-raping the bar in a prison shower.

Anyway, the 65lb cheat curler finished first, and I ended up having a good workout plus a little added entertainment beforehand.

Top Bottom