Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

djeclipse said:
That reminds me of the invention I was thinking about while watching this moron do these 1/2 motion superset curls on the squat rack. Why not make an actual thing called a curl rack? It would be 2 poles sticking up to about thigh level with some braces to hold the bar for them. Of course it would bea huge waste fo space but I bet the body builder morons would buy them up like mad, especially if you geve it some stupid name like the super duper bicept rack.
thats a good idea....
they should put them in the bathroom or the parking lot or something.

djeclipse said:
That reminds me of the invention I was thinking about while watching this moron do these 1/2 motion superset curls on the squat rack. Why not make an actual thing called a curl rack? It would be 2 poles sticking up to about thigh level with some braces to hold the bar for them. Of course it would bea huge waste fo space but I bet the body builder morons would buy them up like mad, especially if you geve it some stupid name like the super duper bicept rack.

actually we have a few of these in my gym... 'cept it's used as an alternative SQUAT RACK ;)

speaking of what people are wearing, there is this guy who is about 50 at my gym who thinks he is arnold. he wears these shorts that barely cover his @ss. they are like the really short silk shorts that cross country runners wear. EVERYTIME this guy is in the gym he is asking me for a spot. Now that I wear headphones I try not to make eye contact but I always catch him staring at me with that "hey im about to ask you for a spot" look. I don't have a problem spotting people but man thats just wrong!

njlw226 said:
I try not to make eye contact but I always catch him staring at me with that "hey im about to ask you for a spot" look.

:lmao: funny shit! .... that's usually when I stroll to the water fountain, even though I have my workout shake on the free weight floor with me!

njlw226 said:
speaking of what people are wearing, there is this guy who is about 50 at my gym who thinks he is arnold. he wears these shorts that barely cover his @ss. they are like the really short silk shorts that cross country runners wear. EVERYTIME this guy is in the gym he is asking me for a spot. Now that I wear headphones I try not to make eye contact but I always catch him staring at me with that "hey im about to ask you for a spot" look. I don't have a problem spotting people but man thats just wrong!
maybe he just thinks you are hot :heart:

musketeer said:
Apparently Ben Johnson was outsquatting the weight-lifters when traiing at the olympic village before his ill-fated drug tests...
I heard the same thing, also that he would do lunges with 225 around the track...damn.

musketeer said:
If it wasn't someone that I 'know', like you Norge, then I'd be calling bullshit on this mate. There are plenty of sprinters in the weight rooms, doing oly lifting and massive squats for doubles etc.

Apparently Ben Johnson was outsquatting the weight-lifters when traiing at the olympic village before his ill-fated drug tests...

He was on the 4x400 team I believe. The gold medal is in his room right now about 20 feet from me. He's a real skinny guy, and he told me his coach makes them do squats, so I'm assuming he's trained him. Maybe they only do half squats for some reason? I don't know for sure. I'll ask next time I see him.

I had my first run in with a "new year resolutioner" today.

I was working out at my school gym, which has a quite large Indian population. I was done my routine today, and decided to go do some curls and tri extensions in the exercise room (where the machines and hot girls are, as opposed to the free weights room). I am looking around for a 35lb db to match the one in my hand, can't find it anywhere. I look over to the hyperextenstion/ side bend station, and see a skinny little Indian dude gabbin' with his buddies, a few feet away from my missing 35# db and a random assortment of other DBs. Well I go take it, do my set, and sit down for a breather. As I am watching this kid in the mirror, he comes back to do his side bends and realizing I stole his weight, he proceeds to pick up his water bottle and keys, and just walks out of the room, leaving the other 14 dumbells there. I was tempted to chase after him to tell him to put the weights away, but thankfully (for all the patrons in the gym) I restrained myself from causing a scene. ;)

Top Bottom