Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

nelmsjer said:
Part of me just doesn't want to believe this, although it's unfortunately all too easy to see it happening. I'm still sitting here in awe. Somehow, this one disturbed me...
part of me just wanted to walk out of the gym, go home, and sit in my room and never come out. i was trying so hard to figure out how something like that was even possible, i couldnt even focus on the rest of my workout.

A guy I know who happens to be an olympic sprinter in the 200m (won gold in Finland) was in the gym with me today. He decides he wants to squat with me. By this time I had already done one set of my 5x5 of 255 lbs. I ask him how much he wants to take off because he obviously doesn't squat a whole lot.(6'2" 170) He's like "naw, I'll just do this. I only need to do light weight." I thought to myself, wow, he must know what he's doing. He gets up there, puts a tampon(pad) on the bar and proceeds to do this weakest squats I have ever personally seen. He really didn't go down more than a quarter of the way. Toward the end of his 10 rep session he was barely bending his knees. It was pathetic. I guess his work ethic for track is a lot better.

NorgePrecision said:
A guy I know who happens to be an olympic sprinter in the 200m (won gold in Finland) was in the gym with me today. He decides he wants to squat with me. By this time I had already done one set of my 5x5 of 255 lbs. I ask him how much he wants to take off because he obviously doesn't squat a whole lot.(6'2" 170) He's like "naw, I'll just do this. I only need to do light weight." I thought to myself, wow, he must know what he's doing. He gets up there, puts a tampon(pad) on the bar and proceeds to do this weakest squats I have ever personally seen. He really didn't go down more than a quarter of the way. Toward the end of his 10 rep session he was barely bending his knees. It was pathetic. I guess his work ethic for track is a lot better.

Did you mention to him to try and do a full squat? I was able to get my buddy to try some ATF squats over his usual 1/4 squat and he loved it.

next time i need a squat rack and there is a curler on it, im going to go up to him and ask, "would you mind if i do some squats on your curl rack?"

myfault said:
next time i need a squat rack and there is a curler on it, im going to go up to him and ask, "would you mind if i do some squats on your curl rack?"

That reminds me of the invention I was thinking about while watching this moron do these 1/2 motion superset curls on the squat rack. Why not make an actual thing called a curl rack? It would be 2 poles sticking up to about thigh level with some braces to hold the bar for them. Of course it would bea huge waste fo space but I bet the body builder morons would buy them up like mad, especially if you geve it some stupid name like the super duper bicept rack.

Is it just me or does anybody else feel underdressed at the gym anymore. Since when did it ever become acceptable practice to wear fubu matching tops and bottoms with the mr. "T" jewerly starter kit going on. And let's not leave out the 200 dollar basketball shoes.

djeclipse said:
That reminds me of the invention I was thinking about while watching this moron do these 1/2 motion superset curls on the squat rack. Why not make an actual thing called a curl rack? It would be 2 poles sticking up to about thigh level with some braces to hold the bar for them. Of course it would bea huge waste fo space but I bet the body builder morons would buy them up like mad, especially if you geve it some stupid name like the super duper bicept rack.

My gym has a couple of those. Kinda like a preacher curl without the seat and the elbow pads. They're always full, though, so people have to find an alternative.

BTW I used the power rack the other day for my powershrugs. The walk out rack where I usually do them was taken (for squatting!) so I had to move the hooks outside and do my sets outside the cage.

I was thinking 'I sure hope I don't show up in that official morons thread' ;)

Aside from reading people's serious progress on their lifts motivating me to do better, these are the types of threads I love - you can go to almost any site and read things like this and they just about all crack me up.

Speaking of what people are wearing, there was a guy yesterday in a 3/4 jump suite that clung to him like he was covered in plastic wrap - it took him 40 mins to get a total of 2 sets of ez-bar curls completed - 20's on each side. Then he and his camel toe took another 15 min rest to recoupe all of the energy he lost.

djeclipse - great idea on the curl rack - need about 8 of them for each gym to ensure no crowding

NorgePrecision said:

If it wasn't someone that I 'know', like you Norge, then I'd be calling bullshit on this mate. There are plenty of sprinters in the weight rooms, doing oly lifting and massive squats for doubles etc.

Apparently Ben Johnson was outsquatting the weight-lifters when traiing at the olympic village before his ill-fated drug tests...

Top Bottom