Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

Today I had to deal with the asshole using the ONLY squat rack in the gym for biceps. I walked up to the squat rack and see these weights clearly being used for curls but no one in sight.

As I'm looking around about to remove the weights and some (rather large) guy comes over and says "I have 5 more sets here, it will only take 15min". I asked him if I could work in and use the squat rack for actual squats. This asshole actually says "well where am I supposed to put the weights".

I used a line I got from this thread and said "is it to heavy for you to pick up off the ground?".

He looks at me kind of odd and says " I don't want to pick it up off the ground, why don't you use that squat rack over there" and points to the smith machine that some tool is doing half squats on.

I said "that is not a squat rack it's a smith machine, the worst possible thing to be doing any movement on."

He starts rambling about BS and keeps referring to the smith machine as a squat rack.

I said to him, "look, this is the only squat rack in the gym, I if you don't want to do it I will be nice enough to lift your curl weight off the rack while I do my set and put it back on so you don't have to strain yourself picking it up off the ground."

There is no reasoning with this guy so I say fine, you keep the squat rack use it for curls while I sit her waiting for you to finish so I can start using it for what it intended to be used for.

He does one more set with me staring at him and says, fine take the squat rack. He unloads his weights and walks away. he comes hack as I am loading up my starting weight of 105 and says "95lbs, you need a squat rack for that?" I inform him I will be going just a bit heavier and thanks for letting me use the squat rack. He then goes over and does his curls with the shorter bars that everyone else does curls with.

Aside form that I had a great workout, lol.

carlsuen said:
u should've just shoved the 95 down his throat when he came back!! lmfao!!

I would ahve loved to but this guy was a lot bigger then me and could have probably kicked my ass. I think this is why he was bing such an ass hole to me. If it were someone his size asking the same question I bet he would have given up the squat rack in a second, no questions asked.

This is a good thread, and I thank god that I have a home gym...

I do however work out with a buddy every weekend at a college gym, but Sunday mornings are usually pretty dead.

It really is a shame, these kids don't know anything about lifting. We do Squats, deads, Romanian deads, SLDL, big compound moves with iron. Aside from the occasional kid doing 1/4 squats, I have not seen one person do anything else. It is all machines and ez curls.

Just this past Sunday we were using the flat bench, and right next to us was an unoccupied decline with 225 on it. I said to my buddy, fairly loudly, "See that," while pointing at the decline, "That is an asshole."

A few people looked my way, and evidently the asshole who did it, becuase after I squeezed out 315 x 3, some fat doofus came over sheeplishly and stripped the wieght.

Again - I am so glad I only have to deal with that shit once a week. I will gladly freeze my ass off in my unheated garage.

Bluesman

djeclipse said:
I would ahve loved to but this guy was a lot bigger then me and could have probably kicked my ass.
dont be worried about big guys...
that just how much harder they will hit the ground when you kick them in the nuts ;)

I'm lucky---I have a fully furnished gym at one of our fire stations, just a few blocks from my house. But I used to see a LOT of dumbass shit at the local university gym.

I think what every gym needs is a BIG fucking sign with gym etiquette. And I mean, BIG fucking red letters spelling out the proper "Do" and "Do Not". That would clear a lot of bullshit up. I think a lot of noobs just don't know any better, and that's fine, shit happens. But there's no excuse for some guys.

That being said, there will ALWAYS be morons at the gym. But hey, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have this funny-as-hell thread :D

djeclipse said:
Today I had to deal with the asshole using the ONLY squat rack in the gym for biceps. I walked up to the squat rack and see these weights clearly being used for curls but no one in sight.

As I'm looking around about to remove the weights and some (rather large) guy comes over and says "I have 5 more sets here, it will only take 15min". I asked him if I could work in and use the squat rack for actual squats. This asshole actually says "well where am I supposed to put the weights".

I used a line I got from this thread and said "is it to heavy for you to pick up off the ground?".

He looks at me kind of odd and says " I don't want to pick it up off the ground, why don't you use that squat rack over there" and points to the smith machine that some tool is doing half squats on.

I said "that is not a squat rack it's a smith machine, the worst possible thing to be doing any movement on."

He starts rambling about BS and keeps referring to the smith machine as a squat rack.

I said to him, "look, this is the only squat rack in the gym, I if you don't want to do it I will be nice enough to lift your curl weight off the rack while I do my set and put it back on so you don't have to strain yourself picking it up off the ground."

There is no reasoning with this guy so I say fine, you keep the squat rack use it for curls while I sit her waiting for you to finish so I can start using it for what it intended to be used for.

He does one more set with me staring at him and says, fine take the squat rack. He unloads his weights and walks away. he comes hack as I am loading up my starting weight of 105 and says "95lbs, you need a squat rack for that?" I inform him I will be going just a bit heavier and thanks for letting me use the squat rack. He then goes over and does his curls with the shorter bars that everyone else does curls with.

Aside form that I had a great workout, lol.

im sorry but this made me spit out my gatorade all over my keyboard!!! hopefully this thing still works!!! HAHAHA Karma for that story.

Do your all's gym have not only a problem now with New Years, but on Mondays for some reason? Do people think "I'm gonna get back into it starting this week" go Monday and quit????

I have these middle eastern guys (there's a group of about 5 of them) that come in, and do the usual 25% of the way down squats, then head to the DB's. They pick up EVERY set, and I mean EVERY set from 5Lbs, to 35Lbs, do curls, or bench with them, and sit them on the ground and NEVER pick them up. On top of that, those guys always smell absolutely horrible!

Last edited:
ok ive got a story from last night:

there are 2 squat racks at my gym that are right next to each other, and i was squatting on one of them. this guy walks up to the other rack, and pulls the bar off the rack, and sets it down on the safety bars (whatever those bars are called in case you cant get back up from your squat). so right off the bat im thinking, "oh wonderful, we have another squat rack curler." well then he starts moving the pins to a higher hole so the bar will sit higher when it is up on the rack. at this point im thinking, "whew, he just set the bar down so he could move the pins up, he may not be another clownshoe that is going to curl here." so he then puts the bar back up on the rack and puts a 10lb weight on each side, and begins to do standing military presses. i was like whatever, and continued my workout. after he does a couple sets, he puts the bar back down on the safety bars and starts to do curls. at this point, i was almost done with my squats, so i quit paying attention to him and just wanted to finish. then it happened. i hear a phone ring near him, so i look over. he is doing curls, and he sets the bar down, and picks up the phone. he then PUT THE PHONE BETWEEN HIS EAR AND SHOULDER and picked up the bar, and continued doing curls. i guess who ever he was talking to was motivating him to get all 65lbs up for that 10th rep.

njlw226 said:
im sorry but this made me spit out my gatorade all over my keyboard!!! hopefully this thing still works!!! HAHAHA Karma for that story.

I know reading it is probably funny but I was seriously pissed! lol

Do your all's gym have not only a problem now with New Years, but on Mondays for some reason? Do people think "I'm gonna get back into it starting this week" go Monday and quit????

ya mondays are always the worst days, it seems everyone is there on monday and 90% of them want to ctai chest. On the flip side on fridays the gym is a ghost town, there is hardly enoyne there, I love it.

myfault said:
o he then PUT THE PHONE BETWEEN HIS EAR AND SHOULDER and picked up the bar, and continued doing curls. i guess who ever he was talking to was motivating him to get all 65lbs up for that 10th rep.
What a douche!

myfault said:
then it happened. i hear a phone ring near him, so i look over. he is doing curls, and he sets the bar down, and picks up the phone. he then PUT THE PHONE BETWEEN HIS EAR AND SHOULDER and picked up the bar, and continued doing curls.

Part of me just doesn't want to believe this, although it's unfortunately all too easy to see it happening. I'm still sitting here in awe. Somehow, this one disturbed me...

Top Bottom