Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

There was this guy with yellow bandana, sunglasses and designer jeans who was benching with more weight than he could ever hope to lift

His buddy spotter, a skinny douchebag, was looking at the chicks (or maybe guys, he seemed pretty gay) and only had one hand in the middle of the barbell to help the other guy

Of course the bencher struggled on the first rep and the spotter tried to help him
But with only one hand it was too difficult and the barbell start going on the right side
Suddenly the spotter woke up, tried to lift the barbell but it was too late

both the spotter and the bencher felt on the floor along with the barbell

Luckilly for them no one was injured but it was funny as hell

oh and BTW I never saw those dickheads again

bignate73 said:
Oh, I love the wife beater wearing shadow boxer!!! he is present at every gym. if you are lucky enough to have a gym with an empty aerobics room, you can catch the older version of shadow boxer in there practicing his "kata." or find his enlightened new age brother doing "tai chi." its gone so far as that I've seen mr. shadowboxer throw a few jabs, then practice his dance moves.

oh yeah.....ass clowns everywhere....

LOL these guys are everywhere!

in my gym we even have one of those big punching bags and so we have plenty of "kickboxers" who just cannot resist the temptation.

a few mths back, i saw this kid dressed in jeans & a half sleaved tshirt who was working out. this guy was like a famine victim - he musta been 5'10" 110lbs... like a skeleton. so after every set on the bench (struggling through 80lbs with a spotter) he bounces up and looks at himself in the mirror, and does this michael jackson looking thing. then after his entire workout which lasted 15 mins on the bench he pulls his shirt off, looks into the mirror and strikes a pose with the "i'm bad don't mess with me" look!!!

:goof: Just the other day I was working out and one of the newyears res. people walked up to do some lat. pulldowns. He put the pin in and stood there looking confused because somebody had moved the seat to use @ the smith machine. After looking confused for a min. he took the knee pad off and turned it around to face up! He then sat on the knee brace facing away from the machine feet not even touching the ground and proceeded to pull the bar down behind his head! :freak:

This is one dude came in today that rolls a lot stuff here into one. He is doing partial deads with 135 in the rack slamming the weight down on the sissy bars. Then he would leave that and go over to do curls with the 40 lbs sitting on the squat rack. Then he would go over and do like 100 situps on the decline bench. All the time bobbing his head to the music he was listening to. Then on top of that he leaves all the weights sitting on the rack bars and squat rack when he is done. I was waiting to use the rack and saw him coming out the locker rooom so I sarcastically asked him if he was done with the rack. Not sure if he got it or not. :rolleyes:

eh! said:
:goof: Just the other day I was working out and one of the newyears res. people walked up to do some lat. pulldowns. He put the pin in and stood there looking confused because somebody had moved the seat to use @ the smith machine. After looking confused for a min. he took the knee pad off and turned it around to face up! He then sat on the knee brace facing away from the machine feet not even touching the ground and proceeded to pull the bar down behind his head! :freak:
There's lateral thinking for you.

perp69 said:
This is one dude came in today that rolls a lot stuff here into one. He is doing partial deads with 135 in the rack slamming the weight down on the sissy bars. Then he would leave that and go over to do curls with the 40 lbs sitting on the squat rack. Then he would go over and do like 100 situps on the decline bench. All the time bobbing his head to the music he was listening to. Then on top of that he leaves all the weights sitting on the rack bars and squat rack when he is done. I was waiting to use the rack and saw him coming out the locker rooom so I sarcastically asked him if he was done with the rack. Not sure if he got it or not. :rolleyes:

What a jackass. By the end of january these people will be gone and we'll be abck down to the normal level of morons in thegym. Today I am going back to my old gym by my work where there is a guy that always asks me to spot him but wants me to do the whole weight for him. My new years resolution to teach this guy that a a potter is not there to get a bie workout helping you.

Easy way to get rid of these "hey man, will you spot me?" guys who want you to lift for them is to just do a horrible job spotting them. Don't help at all and just sit there saying "come on, you got it!" and let them struggle and struggle, trapped under the weight. Or kind of stare off into space and pretend to be surprised when you look down and see them trapped. They probably won't ask you to do their set for them again. LoL

I'm so glad I work out at home and don't have to put up w/ this shit. But it's all fuckin' hilarious...keep the stories coming.

Protobuilder said:
Easy way to get rid of these "hey man, will you spot me?" guys who want you to lift for them is to just do a horrible job spotting them. Don't help at all and just sit there saying "come on, you got it!" and let them struggle and struggle, trapped under the weight. Or kind of stare off into space and pretend to be surprised when you look down and see them trapped. They probably won't ask you to do their set for them again. LoL

ya, and this is the funny part... The second time he asked me to spot him I was way on the other side of the gym doing calf raises and he walked all the way over to ask me for a spot. So I think most people in the gym refuse to spot him so he has to look for the new guy that doesn;t know any better.

The last few times he's had someone else spot him so maybe he got the hint that I don't want to waste my time spotting this guy.

Top Bottom