Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

is anyone elses gym plagued with business men? maybe its just because my gym is in the middle of a business district, but about 90% of our members are there for "health". needless to say theres no line for the squat racks. I guess being healthy is all about biceps, maybe i should take a hint

pgsam said:
is anyone elses gym plagued with business men? maybe its just because my gym is in the middle of a business district, but about 90% of our members are there for "health". needless to say theres no line for the squat racks. I guess being healthy is all about biceps, maybe i should take a hint

ever see them reading the paper in between sets, fully suited up with belt, gloves, and coffee mug?

I have.

bignate73 said:
one up on that:

same guy....extra long baggy shiny shorts half hanging off his ass....between each rep...tries to pull the bottom of his shorts to lock in over his knee (to hide his quads apparently...or keep them warm)

love it!
lmfao!!!!!!!! Also I hate when I am doing legs on the sled (heavy) and some clown asks hey you mind if I work in. Realizing that I will have to unload 80% of the plates I have racked so he can grunt and get out 3 half ass reps while his mullet is falling over the back of the pad....God I love the New Year!!!!!!!!!

Almost forgot about the guy with the velcro tennis shoes and the long tube socks (up to the knee) with the green stripes. And the 2 sizes too small spandex shorts he is wearing. But then again he is wearing the Nike sweat band

djeclipse said:
There are some really funny stories, this world is filled with tools. I've bneen reading them all day and getting a good lauch.

I don't understand what hapened. did the guy drop the weight? What lift was he doing? The manager of the gym spit in your face?

no he was doing 1 rep max the guy claims to be a powerlifter hes fat and was doing 225. he screamed his lungs off trying to get the weight up. And ended up spitting in the managers face ( on accident).

Powerlifting57 said:
no he was doing 1 rep max the guy claims to be a powerlifter hes fat and was doing 225. he screamed his lungs off trying to get the weight up. And ended up spitting in the managers face ( on accident).

lmfao

Powerlifting57 said:

Ok, I see... that is quite pathetic for a power lifter, lol.

That reminds me of these 2 guys in my old gym back when I was in highschool. These 2 guys were heavy on the roids but they never really got any bigger, just a shit load stronger.

These were the guys at the gym that would only go when they were on a cycle and then disappear when they went off the cycle. The guys that one week you'd see them doing 225 for reps of 10 and a few weeks later they were struggling with 175 saying "I don't know what it is, I feel week today".

Anyway they would load up the bar and literally scream every set.

I let out a grunt every now and again, especially when doing dead lifts, but these guys were literally screaming at the top of their lungs... really annoying.

jstrick2 said:
I just remembered a fun item that happened a few weeks back....

I was doing deads and setting up for a set with my 5RM, so I was trying to get focused.

These two morons come walking by, obviously one "guru" is offering his boundless knowledge to the other one. I was trying not to pay attention to their convo and focus but....

Moron1 "Whoa, whats that guy doing? Those look like they would kill...."

Moron2 "Oh, those are deadlifts... you don't need to do those... its a good way to hurt your QUADS."

lmfao.

I had to break for a couple minutes to recompose myself lol

I swear people give me the weirdest looks in the world when I'm deadlifting. I'm not even that big either, 5'11" and about 175 lbs, but the only other people that deadlift are huge. There are probably only 5 other people out of the probably 300 that use the weight area of the gym at my school that do deadlifts. Everybody else does cable curls with 20 lbs and 100 reps for 'toning.'

OMFG!!!! i'm dying here.. shit.. i just love this thread.. this should be nominated thread of the year or something like that.. lmfao!!!!

i know what u mean vornado.. i'm doing deads tomorrow at a gym i'm visiting called California Fitness.. by jackie chan.. i'm quite eager to look at their faces.. haha!!!

Guinness5.0 said:
I did something similar once - my current gym has a walkout squat rack and two power racks. The squat rack and one power rack wre being used appropriately, but the other power rack was being abused by a curler :). I asked him "Hey man, is that weight too heavy to lift off the ground?" attempting to appear sincere. He said it wasn't, so I asked him if he could do his curls elsewhere because "the weight I'll be using for squats is too heavy to get on my back without the rack", again trying not to seem sarcastic. Made my day when he bee-lined outta there :D

LMAO that is freakin' awesome, well done. :supercool

Top Bottom