Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

Is it a sin to do bench presses in a squat rack? We have two at my gym and I only use one unless the other squat rack is vacant or when the other squat rack is taken but theres almost nobody in the gym. I don't really like to get spotted, occasionally somebody won't know what they are doing, or they will start to help me up with a rep that I could of done.

I too have to say my biggest pet peeve is dumb asses who do 1/4 squats and think they are hard. I just don't understand what they feel they are getting out of that. I'll finish my last set of 320 x 5 and some goon who weighs 25 more pounds than me will do 320 six times and squirm about 4 inches. Sometimes I can't help to watch them shake my head and laugh to myself. One time in my life I'm going to ask one of them if I can work in and if they mind if I do full squats instead of girly ones.

Jayhawk21 said:
Is it a sin to do bench presses in a squat rack? We have two at my gym and I only use one unless the other squat rack is vacant or when the other squat rack is taken but theres almost nobody in the gym. I don't really like to get spotted, occasionally somebody won't know what they are doing, or they will start to help me up with a rep that I could of done.

Doing bench in the squat rack is fine if you ask me, esecially if you don't have a spotter and are going heavy.

I'm at university, and the stuff about New Year's resolutions are true...

I've never seen so many people in the gym at one time doing nothing and dressed like they were going to a club (colonge, the smell of men's hair care products...).

Guinness5.0 said:
I'll never forget the time I saw this dude benching, going heavy as he could. Guy was maybe 160-ish and his buddy spotting looked like an older version of Joe Dirt - I'm talkin' full on mullett and dinky little mustache , sleeveless shirt despite absolute lack of arm musculature, and (my favorite part) wearing jeans to work out :)

Anywho, No-Mullett tries 225 and almost gets one on his own. So what does he do next? Throws on another plate per side for 315. I made sure to be ready to run over in case Mullett couldn't row the weight off No-Mullett. They managed to synchronize their might and rack the bar, and I'll be damned if No-Mullett didn't jump off the bench like he had set a world record.

That and the occasional 'super curler' are about the only really stupid things I've seen. I've learned to accept that bad squatting is ubiquitous and unlikely to go away in any of our lifetimes.

LMFAO dude stop im cryin over here..

My favorite story about unsolicited advice:

Before I built a gym in my basement I was a member of an ultra trendy gym. Several sets into my squats I loaded more weight, unracked the bar, walked out, set my feet and... Somebody is tapping my back!!! I ignore the taps and squat deep. As soon as I hit bottom I realized I was still being tapped on the back! WTF!!! Pause at top and somebody behind me is saying: "Buddy, buddy, yo buddy." Okay next rep I go down and this fool is now yelling at the top of his lungs for me to listen to him. I rack the weight and you can imagine the look on my face when I turn around. The guy says: "Your going to hurt yourself. The bar should rest on your shoulders and don't go past parallel." Briefly I thought about shoving a 45 up his ass but instead said "Hmmm... good advice. Why don't you show me? I'll spot you." The guy said he was just trying to keep me from hurting my self and walked off.

Then there was the guy:

... who stole my bench while I was putting on wrist wraps and chalking up He unloaded 6 45s, started at 95lbs and maxed at 175 (with his girlfriend doing a half row), all while I was watching. When he finished I told him he could continue his workout by reloading my weights. He had to act tuff in front of his woman by stepping toe to toe and telling me to f-off. I looked him up and down and laughed. He went ballistic calling me out back. The best part is the manager had been watching this and threw him out.

There are some good laughs and insults out on the floor of a commercial gym. The "spa's" are worse because now you can add the flirting and stalking.

But ......

What about all the good stories in the shower, locker and steam room area?
::GAG:: That is the real freak show! The guys posing? Trolling?

lmao yesterday i had just gotten done working out and was getting ready to leave when i heear this painful loud scream that had peopel from all over the gym coming to find out what was wrong. This fat ass guy gets up and we look at the bar and 225 ( claims to be a powerlifter) The manager of the gym comes over to me dying laughing and says yea that was one and the fucker spit in my face.

how about the guys who use 2 machines/benches simultaniously?

it gets so annoying. they will have their towel, phone, keys, etc at one machine... meanwhile they are at another machine doing something. and they just go back and forth.

There are some really funny stories, this world is filled with tools. I've bneen reading them all day and getting a good lauch.

Powerlifting57 said:
lmao yesterday i had just gotten done working out and was getting ready to leave when i heear this painful loud scream that had peopel from all over the gym coming to find out what was wrong. This fat ass guy gets up and we look at the bar and 225 ( claims to be a powerlifter) The manager of the gym comes over to me dying laughing and says yea that was one and the fucker spit in my face.

I don't understand what hapened. did the guy drop the weight? What lift was he doing? The manager of the gym spit in your face?

Top Bottom