Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

My favorite is when the guy who weighs 150 gets on the leg sled and then throws 16 plates on there and moves the sled about 6 inches up and down 6 times and calls that a heavy set.....lmfao.... If he tried to to do a full rep with that weight it would put his legs through his chest. Or dislocate his hips.....lol

i got one for yall but im the moron of this story, i was on my third set of ten doing 225 on the flat bench by myself and i got stuck on #8 i jus held it at the sticking point for bout ten seconds ;) it wasnt going up, so in one fluid motion i let it down to my stomach and sat up and picked it up and tossed it in front of my feet stood up turned around and dead lifted it back on the bench took a step forward and threw it back on the rack......scanned the whole gym instantly to see if anyone saw me lol im retarded

BOWTECH said:
My favorite is when the guy who weighs 150 gets on the leg sled and then throws 16 plates on there and moves the sled about 6 inches up and down 6 times and calls that a heavy set.....lmfao.... If he tried to to do a full rep with that weight it would put his legs through his chest. Or dislocate his hips.....lol

one up on that:

same guy....extra long baggy shiny shorts half hanging off his ass....between each rep...tries to pull the bottom of his shorts to lock in over his knee (to hide his quads apparently...or keep them warm)

love it!

I hate the people who look at you like you've just offered to screw them in the ear if you ask to work in with them.

I had always read stories like these before and got a could laugh out of them but had never actually seen anything really funny since my old gym was for more hard-core lifters (I was by far the weakest of anyone there which was great for learning quickly). My new gym - the Y - hasn't been too bad until the college kids started getting out for vacation a couple of weeks before Christmas (no personal offense to any college kids reading this right now)...

The best one was this college kid who was pretty big and was hitting bech several Mondays back. He looked like he could move some weight and was pretty intense but the funny thing was that he was not shy about checking himself out in the mirror before, during and after his lifts - he'd flex in front of the mirror before he'd get down, poke his head up when he had the weight at the top of the lift and then get back in front of the mirror directly after to see what "direct effects" his last set just had. To top it off, after he was done with his bench set he took one final look in the mirror and then proceeded to SHADOW BOX for a good 10 seconds followed by more flexing. And for a final demonstration of his raw power, he performed 2 karate kicks which were actually impressive because he appeared to have good form and managed not to kick anything or anyone over because it's so friggin tight in the weight area.

One of the truly funny things I'd seen that week.

jstrick2 said:
I had to wait, and I am not exaggerating, almost 25 MINUTES to do squats because some new year's newcomers (4 of them!!!!) were doing curls in the squat rack..

It is something that everyone hates and talks about all the time... but everytime it happens, you still get pist

pisses me off too that.

I walked right by a guy last week as he was resting by his curl bar in the squat rack. moved it off the rack straight to floor very quickly then turned to him and said " you ain't squatting are you?" while I started loading the bar on the uprights in the squat rack....he had no time to do anything!!

Numani said:
pisses me off too that.

I walked right by a guy last week as he was resting by his curl bar in the squat rack. moved it off the rack straight to floor very quickly then turned to him and said " you ain't squatting are you?" while I started loading the bar on the uprights in the squat rack....he had no time to do anything!!
I did something similar once - my current gym has a walkout squat rack and two power racks. The squat rack and one power rack wre being used appropriately, but the other power rack was being abused by a curler :). I asked him "Hey man, is that weight too heavy to lift off the ground?" attempting to appear sincere. He said it wasn't, so I asked him if he could do his curls elsewhere because "the weight I'll be using for squats is too heavy to get on my back without the rack", again trying not to seem sarcastic. Made my day when he bee-lined outta there :D

2.5 Years said:
To top it off, after he was done with his bench set he took one final look in the mirror and then proceeded to SHADOW BOX for a good 10 seconds followed by more flexing. And for a final demonstration of his raw power, he performed 2 karate kicks which were actually impressive because he appeared to have good form and managed not to kick anything or anyone over because it's so friggin tight in the weight area.

One of the truly funny things I'd seen that week.

Oh, I love the wife beater wearing shadow boxer!!! he is present at every gym. if you are lucky enough to have a gym with an empty aerobics room, you can catch the older version of shadow boxer in there practicing his "kata." or find his enlightened new age brother doing "tai chi." its gone so far as that I've seen mr. shadowboxer throw a few jabs, then practice his dance moves.

oh yeah.....ass clowns everywhere....

I just remembered a fun item that happened a few weeks back....

I was doing deads and setting up for a set with my 5RM, so I was trying to get focused.

These two morons come walking by, obviously one "guru" is offering his boundless knowledge to the other one. I was trying not to pay attention to their convo and focus but....

Moron1 "Whoa, whats that guy doing? Those look like they would kill...."

Moron2 "Oh, those are deadlifts... you don't need to do those... its a good way to hurt your QUADS."

lmfao.

I had to break for a couple minutes to recompose myself lol

Top Bottom