Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

I was told today while i was doing deads that i shouldn't be doing those because there useless! Lol i literally laughed in his face!!! I told him to do them for at least 4 weeks and try to tell me you haven't gained strength EVERYWHERE! he was like no thanks i could care less about deads, their no good. Idiots i swear!

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

For the first time in my life I felt like a moron at the gym today. I was training and this girl's high school gymnastic team rolled up and they were all jacked and all hard and striated. They looked like the East German swim team that took the gold at the Olympics in the 70s..Heck, I got intimidated and put my sweatshirt on :)

glad this thread got bumped cause i have one from my overseas trip.

the gym i worked out at was the one at the resort so you can imagine what kind of silly europeans i would run into. the ones doing cardio i couldn't laugh at cause they actually knew what they were doing but in the weight training section do they not teach europeans how to weight train in their country?

one guy was sitting on the only incline bench and had 20 pound dumbells in each hand. and he was curling back and forth and making this face .. he did that like for 10 minutes straight.. he was leaned back and just curling with his eyes closed squinting and looked like a dog with rabies snarling.. i'm like okay?

then this other guy and his son were working out together.. they looked Italian or french to me. neither looked like they ever worked out in their lives.. they were toothpicks, like those skinny skinny arms.. and they were both going from machine to machine just doing random things.. no strategy at all. i thought it was hilarious. i never saw so much douchebaggery.. its the 'hey its free to use the gym at the resort so lets go do something we never did before"

finally i saw this one guy with no shirt walk in.. you could tell he works out, but you could also tell he juiced bigtime. he had bitch tits (he needed a C size bra no joke) and the rest of his body was jacked/tan. i contemplated talking to him about what an AI was but ah whats the point maybe thats the style in europe?

gotta love europeans

There is a few younger teens around 20 years old that go to my gym they are always there but everyday they do upper body workouts mostly consisting of rows, tricep push downs, curls, curls, and squat curls lol I have seen them train "legs" one time they incorporated a set or two of squats consisting of just the bar going no where near Parallel.. Here is the biggest kicker they are your typically 20 year olds who think they know everything but they try and talk to everyone and basically brag about what they do, so a newer member showed up not sure if they knew him or not but they went up to the new guy and gave him pointers. Witch were don't do legs they are a waste I only train back and biceps with a lil triceps and chest press occasionally but mainly back...... And that is how he they got there nicknames, back and bis kids lol

Powerlifters. Those who ask me for a spot. Seriously, why don't powerlifters understand that I don't want to spot what they seem to think are squats? As soon as they realize they can't "squat" the weight on the bar, they start begging the spotters like little bitches to grab the weight. Seriously, grow some balls, and get under that bar by yourself, and stop bothering half the gym to assist you. It pisses me off, especially when I am preparing for competition, and no one thinks that maybe I need to concentrate on my training, which doesn't have huge rest periods. Just because your powerlifting buddies take 15 minute rests in between sets and have the time to spot you, doesn't mean I do. Especially when there are other people there they can ask for a spot.

And I need to figure out a way to politely explain to the people asking me for a spot to f*** off and ask someone else. Without being rude of course. Though I don't foresee that going well lol.

Group of guys doing weighted assisted pull ups Weights on a belt and elastic bands under the knees to help them up. what is the point of that

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

2 people come in my gym and are the most obnoxious retards ever use the max stack on machines spotting each other screaming when they should be using 20% of the weight they're using

Powerlifters. Those who ask me for a spot. Seriously, why don't powerlifters understand that I don't want to spot what they seem to think are squats? As soon as they realize they can't "squat" the weight on the bar, they start begging the spotters like little bitches to grab the weight. Seriously, grow some balls, and get under that bar by yourself, and stop bothering half the gym to assist you. It pisses me off, especially when I am preparing for competition, and no one thinks that maybe I need to concentrate on my training, which doesn't have huge rest periods. Just because your powerlifting buddies take 15 minute rests in between sets and have the time to spot you, doesn't mean I do. Especially when there are other people there they can ask for a spot.

And I need to figure out a way to politely explain to the people asking me for a spot to f*** off and ask someone else. Without being rude of course. Though I don't foresee that going well lol.

the spotting thing is used way too much. if you can't do the weight with proper form then you shouldn't attemp to. you should be aware of how much you can do ahead of time

worst case if you get into a bind just yell for help. i get guys always asking me if i need a spot when i go heavy and i tell them no i'm fine and they look at me in shock. next time i am just gonna tell them 'look bro i am aware of what i can do, i don't need a spotter.. if something goes wrong i will just yell'

the spotting thing is used way too much. if you can't do the weight with proper form then you shouldn't attemp to. you should be aware of how much you can do ahead of time

worst case if you get into a bind just yell for help. i get guys always asking me if i need a spot when i go heavy and i tell them no i'm fine and they look at me in shock. next time i am just gonna tell them 'look bro i am aware of what i can do, i don't need a spotter.. if something goes wrong i will just yell'

^^this

The ONLY time I ask for a spot is when I'm moving up on weight and I'm not sure how I'll respond. I can't stand to watch guys throw 315 on the bar only to have someone else doing upright rows to get them through their set.

Was even told by a big guy a few months ago that if I'm not using a spotter, I'm not lighting enough. Bullshit.

Top Bottom