x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Morons at the gym (the official thread)... within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: All the time I read about your encounters with jackasses at the gym that do rediculous workouts, make resiculous claims simply do lifts improperly with very limited range of motion. I personally like reading about them as them are always good for a chuckle. Post your stories here for us all to enjoy. Here are 2 stories from my workout yesterday. Yesterday I was doing squats which are pretty sad at this point in time, legs are by far my weakest bodypart. The weight doesn't feel heavy on

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169170171172173174175176177178179
Results 1,781 to 1,786 of 1786
    There is a few younger teens around 20 years old that go to my gym they are always there but everyday they do upper body workouts mostly consisting of rows, tricep push downs, curls, curls, and squat curls lol I have seen them train "legs" one time they incorporated a set or two of squats consisting of just the bar going no where near Parallel.. Here is the biggest kicker they are your typically 20 year olds who think they know everything but they try and talk to everyone and basically brag about what they do, so a newer member showed up not sure if they knew him or not but they went up to the new guy and gave him pointers. Witch were don't do legs they are a waste I only train back and biceps with a lil triceps and chest press occasionally but mainly back...... And that is how he they got there nicknames, back and bis kids lol

All Natural

Re: Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

Powerlifters. Those who ask me for a spot. Seriously, why don't powerlifters understand that I don't want to spot what they seem to think are squats? As soon as they realize they can't "squat" the weight on the bar, they start begging the spotters like little bitches to grab the weight. Seriously, grow some balls, and get under that bar by yourself, and stop bothering half the gym to assist you. It pisses me off, especially when I am preparing for competition, and no one thinks that maybe I need to concentrate on my training, which doesn't have huge rest periods. Just because your powerlifting buddies take 15 minute rests in between sets and have the time to spot you, doesn't mean I do. Especially when there are other people there they can ask for a spot.

And I need to figure out a way to politely explain to the people asking me for a spot to f*** off and ask someone else. Without being rude of course. Though I don't foresee that going well lol.

Banned
    Group of guys doing weighted assisted pull ups Weights on a belt and elastic bands under the knees to help them up. what is the point of that

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

All Natural

2 people come in my gym and are the most obnoxious retards ever use the max stack on machines spotting each other screaming when they should be using 20% of the weight they're using

Quote Quote posted by Weightlifterx View Post
    Powerlifters. Those who ask me for a spot. Seriously, why don't powerlifters understand that I don't want to spot what they seem to think are squats? As soon as they realize they can't "squat" the weight on the bar, they start begging the spotters like little bitches to grab the weight. Seriously, grow some balls, and get under that bar by yourself, and stop bothering half the gym to assist you. It pisses me off, especially when I am preparing for competition, and no one thinks that maybe I need to concentrate on my training, which doesn't have huge rest periods. Just because your powerlifting buddies take 15 minute rests in between sets and have the time to spot you, doesn't mean I do. Especially when there are other people there they can ask for a spot.

And I need to figure out a way to politely explain to the people asking me for a spot to f*** off and ask someone else. Without being rude of course. Though I don't foresee that going well lol.
    the spotting thing is used way too much. if you can't do the weight with proper form then you shouldn't attemp to. you should be aware of how much you can do ahead of time

worst case if you get into a bind just yell for help. i get guys always asking me if i need a spot when i go heavy and i tell them no i'm fine and they look at me in shock. next time i am just gonna tell them 'look bro i am aware of what i can do, i don't need a spotter.. if something goes wrong i will just yell'
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutting, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Quote posted by stevesmi View Post
    the spotting thing is used way too much. if you can't do the weight with proper form then you shouldn't attemp to. you should be aware of how much you can do ahead of time

worst case if you get into a bind just yell for help. i get guys always asking me if i need a spot when i go heavy and i tell them no i'm fine and they look at me in shock. next time i am just gonna tell them 'look bro i am aware of what i can do, i don't need a spotter.. if something goes wrong i will just yell'
    ^^this

The ONLY time I ask for a spot is when I'm moving up on weight and I'm not sure how I'll respond. I can't stand to watch guys throw 315 on the bar only to have someone else doing upright rows to get them through their set.

Was even told by a big guy a few months ago that if I'm not using a spotter, I'm not lighting enough. Bullshit.