Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

^^ lol, so they waited until you left and went back to doing it. sounds like a dog who digs up the yard, gets yelled at and stops.. then the next day when you aren't around goes back to doing it.

oh well i say do what gatemoney said, let them use it so it frees up space

another thing with these 18 year olds is why are they in the gym anyway? high schools have weightlifting teams (where they can learn from a coach for free), and colleges have gyms.. dunno why they insist on working out with adults.
why spend 40 bucks a month or whatever on a gym membership, i don't get it at all.

another thing that annoys me is that they are always in pairs or three's. and they each will hog up machines instead of working in together.. they throw on a 10 pound and 5 pound weight on the bar and bench... why even waste your time, go play nintendo or something. if you cannot even bench more than a 12 year old girl this is the wrong hobby for you.

one kid at the gym once asked me "have you always been this strong?" i was like you gotta come here frequently, can't come in here once a week and you gotta eat big if you want to get strong, eat nutritious food.. can't eat hot dogs and pizza. and he was like "oh" and walked away. never saw him in the gym again.

Haha kids now expect everything yesterday and if it takes effort it's not worth it.

One of the other things that gets me is the 3 girls that come in do some half arse leg extentions while they socialize with each other and facebook. It pisses me because i like to do leg extensions at the end of my leg session to total exhaust my legs and i have to wait 30mins for it. I could go on forever we have all different types in my gym alot of members i dont even know why they bother.

Haha kids now expect everything yesterday and if it takes effort it's not worth it.

One of the other things that gets me is the 3 girls that come in do some half arse leg extentions while they socialize with each other and facebook. It pisses me because i like to do leg extensions at the end of my leg session to total exhaust my legs and i have to wait 30mins for it. I could go on forever we have all different types in my gym alot of members i dont even know why they bother.

These are among the ridiculous amount of BS that goes on in public gyms and why I train at a private gym. If you can get away from these facilities then fo yourself a favor and get out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Wow, it has been almost 2 1/2 years since I logged in here. Glad to see this thread is still alive! It never ceases to entertain.

I moved to Florida and started a Ph.D. at UF, which also means I now workout in the campus rec. All of you who have been posting about your campus gym experiences over the years, well, I now feel your pain. So far I have learned the solution to bad squat form is not reducing weight and getting rid of those stupid athletic shoes, but actually doubling the weight to look really awesome!

I will say that the number of rack curls I see is pretty limited. Even if there is a lot of truly awful form being displayed in the 8 or so power cages they have, at least everyone, for the most part, is usually doing something that a power cage is designed to be used for.

Ok, I feel like I'm being mean here but this guy was hilrious. Bowl haircut, headband. Arms were a bit short...like dinosaur arms. Got on the elyptical for 1 hr and killed it, he was keeping a serious pace . I wouldn't say anything but....the dude was shaking his ass the entire time and making train noises every minute or so. Kudos to him for bringing it but...damn he was funny

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EliteFitness

These are among the ridiculous amount of BS that goes on in public gyms and why I train at a private gym. If you can get away from these facilities then fo yourself a favor and get out.

Thing is it's a new gym and it is partly setup by where i work so they pay for my gym membership. They do have a decent setup there it's just some of the people that go there are..... Strange to say the least.

Lol it gives me a laugh sometimes and some funny stories as for the time wasters i'll have started politely asking if they can hurry it up.

A man on the smith machine was doing bench press. He had 185lbs total on the machine (I count the bar as 15lbs). I wanted to do lunges, he took his time and preceded to do 17 sets of bench, talking and texting between sets. Not sure what he accomplished except to lift a light weight (for men) a whole lot of times....moron.

I just did walking lunges with dumbbells.

Rebecca D

I should have asked him if he wanted the pink weights...of course I'm too nice to be mean.:qt:

Top Bottom