Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morons at the gym (the official thread)...

lol trapezoids....

Why not just ask the 65lb curler if you could work in and do your squats? Or the mr. miagi dude?

BiggT said:
Rack #3 has 3 college kids who the average person would consider 'buff'. They obviously just got hooked up with some goods, now I have NO issues with steroids, but I would describe the skin color of these kids as heart attack purple. They were doing 'behind the back' 1/4 shrugs with 225. I overheard one say that they were using dumbells next to really ' work the entire trapezoids'.....not trapezius, lol, he said 'trapezoids'.
OMFG! i just turned heart attack purple myself laughing at this... :worried: :heart:

djeclipse said:
lol trapezoids....

Why not just ask the 65lb curler if you could work in and do your squats? Or the mr. miagi dude?

Nah, no harm done. Maybe if I was in a bad mood or a big hurry or something. Usually, with 4 racks, there is never a problem anyway. But I can't be using 400-500lbs for olympic squats and give it 100% focus with some fool behind me in the mirror flailing around on a balance board or some dude waiting impatiently to pump up his bis. I just got nice and warm, then had the thing to myself......as retarded as some people are, as a person we're all equal and they pay for their membership just as I do, so 9 times out of 10 I take people in stride.

BiggT said:
Nah, no harm done. Maybe if I was in a bad mood or a big hurry or something. Usually, with 4 racks, there is never a problem anyway. But I can't be using 400-500lbs for olympic squats and give it 100% focus with some fool behind me in the mirror flailing around on a balance board or some dude waiting impatiently to pump up his bis. I just got nice and warm, then had the thing to myself......as retarded as some people are, as a person we're all equal and they pay for their membership just as I do, so 9 times out of 10 I take people in stride.

You have more patience then I do...

lol at the way the squat racks were being used, especially #2 and #3. rofl @ 'trapezoids' and Mr. Miyagi.

The freaks really must've been out that night.

the people who stand in front of the dumbell rack and do a set of 200 reps with the exercise that takes up space all across the rack so you cant get the weights you want until 10 minutes later.

or the people who leave all their shirts, towels, waterbottle, wriststraps on every piece of equipment that they have used in the past hour.

At one point i was one of those morons- not thinking while i removed approx 315 from the olympic bar after my deadlifts(the bar was on safety bar of the squat rack) i removed a 45 from each side first(now there is approx 2 45's on each side) i then removed 2 45's from one side. you can imagine what happened to the bar.. flew across the room almost nailing a 6 foot 5 monster in his head while he was doing squats, almost nailed the glass wall mirror as well. i turned bright red and appologised.

The funniest thing I ever saw at the gym. There was a guy running on a treadmill. He kept turning the speed up. He had to be running about 10mph when his workout partner runs over behind the tm and acts like hes going to jump on the back. I just stood there and watched as this guy jumps on the back of the tm. He literally done a front flip, landed on his back, and shot off the tm head first strait threw the wall. It really messed him up but he lived. I dont think he'll do that again. Absolutely the funniest thing I ever saw. This really happened. I'm laughing now just thinking about it.

Great thread. There's so many:

-This one guy whenever he gets a new girlfriend, he brings her to the gym to workout together. He ends up hollering at her like she's a guy. "C'mon, up. Let's go, up. One more."

-This other guy hasn't lost a pound in years. He finishes his 30 minute workout and heads right over to the juice bar, has a large double protein fruit smoothie and grabs a Detour bar on the way out.

-A few years ago a guy had 135 laying on his chest on the flat bench. I thought he was just resting in between reps so I paid no attention to it and continued doing my set. The guy was actually pinned by the weight and couldn't get it off him. Finally a few guys came running over and grabbed the weight. I had to pretend I didn't see him.

-The shadowboxer guy who wears a "Tap Out" T-shirt and thinks he's badass. Bet he's watched all the UFC's a dozen times each.

-Two guys were fencing with full gear on in the aerobics room. Another guy was practicing his kata screaming at the top of his lungs after each strike.

-Some guy never did weighted dips before and decided to give it a try. He loaded too much weight onto the belt, put it around his waist and took it off the bench where it was balanced. He took two steps forward and stumbled losing his balance falling right into the power rack.

We have a guy who utters "kha" during every rep of every set of every exercise he does. There's this seemingly endless cadence of "kha, kha, kha, kha ..." through his 12 or 20 reps then a couple of minutes pause before it starts again.

Just a few weeks ago this guy did a one rep max on the bench with 545. After he racked the weight you hear this guy in the background talking "...yeah but he was arching his back." The guy couldn't have been more than 150lbs.

Top Bottom