Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morning weight training and cardio

MrMuscle

i susually work out around 10pm now..seeing as im out of a job..but now that im gonna start with cardio, what would be better? do the cardio on an empty stomach, then rest for some hours and then hit the gym. or do the weight training as usuall, then do cardio straight after..or do cardio in the evening?

In my opinion, weight training is more important and more difficult than cardio, and knowing you , your cardio most likely consists of skipping and singing show tunes. I would train then hit cardio all in one session. Cardio before training has more of a chance to make your lifts a bit less stronger which is completely unacceptable. peace

I agree with Havoc. Lift first then do cardio (if you're doing it all in one shot). If time/schedule is not a problem, I'd do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and then lift in the afternoon.

If you're doing it all in one shot (first thing in the morning), I'd recommend eating before you lift though. It's my understanding that lifting is something that relies heavily on glycogen stores for energy.

Also, doing your cardio right after you workout takes advantage of depleted/lowered glycogen states and puts you in a fat burning mode more quickly.

At least that's how I understand things to be. I'll probably get flamed though. Ha.

This week I moved my workouts to 5:30 AM and I have lost about 3 pounds. I haven't even been dieting either, so the only thing I can figure is my body is burning more calories to adjust to the new schedule.

I'm back to the one body part a day as well.

Shibby....

Cadio after weights burs a higher percentage of cals form fat as gylcogen stores have been reduced form the weights.

Do ALL cario in one session:

Why?

2 sessions at 30 minutes each = 60 minutes minus the 15 minutes it takes to hit the zone = time burning fat = 30 minutes.

60 minutes at once = 45 minutes of zone.

More bang for the buck.
But you know all about that right MM?

lol yeah i know all about that.

i do kow abut the glycogen stores and so on. i just wanted to hear what worked best for you people..honestly i dont want to workout later in the day, just because my gym is small, and i hate not getting the equipment im supposed to use..so i might do morning cardio some days, and cardio after the workout some day..you think that would be good?

Weights, than cardio first thing in the morning on an empty or near-empty stomach sense you're cutting. Works for me.

MrMuscle said:
lol yeah i know all about that.

i do kow abut the glycogen stores and so on. i just wanted to hear what worked best for you people..honestly i dont want to workout later in the day, just because my gym is small, and i hate not getting the equipment im supposed to use..so i might do morning cardio some days, and cardio after the workout some day..you think that would be good?

In order form best to worst:

Cadio:

- in AM on empty stomach
- in PM just before bed after a small fast
- anytime during the day or night
- no cardio
- eating donuts during the day
- drinking a glass of flax seed oil

Cornholio said:

In order form best to worst:

Cadio:

- in AM on empty stomach
- in PM just before bed after a small fast
- anytime during the day or night
- no cardio
- eating donuts during the day
- drinking a glass of flax seed oil

Donuts.......arrrlllllgghghhghgdfgfdhggggghhhhhh

So can I eat donuts in my sleep and not gain any fat?

Top Bottom