Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

More on Deadlifts

EMAN

I know I sound like a wuss but I just started deadlifts a few weeks ago. I like them and everything but I'm also 6'4 and get back pain very easily. When I do deadlifts (for now) I'm not able to do them from the ground. I put the support bars at the lowest possible level (abou8-10 inches) from the ground for the starting position. Is this still OK for a dealift beginner or am I just wasting my time and energy?

I'd just go lighter but from the floor until you get the movement right. If you get strong at a partial movement, you will find it even harder to do the full movement.
Ensure that your back arches upwards by sticking your stomach forwards and your chest and arse back.

I forgot to mention that I do Sumo style (arms are between legs rather that outside of legs). Does that matter???

a little different spin but you mat want to try taking the bar out of the rack to learn about body position, form, etc. Basically working the lift from the top down to begin with. And stick with the sumos to save the back and involve the legs more. I use a pretty wide stance squatting now and keep it for deadlifts just trying to use my arms as hooks.

my $.02

------------------
31494786.jpg

We cover the World's STRONGEST Sports!
PowerMag™ Magazine

Top Bottom