Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Monolift Attachment

re: the injury

no... the meet was fine. i actually ruptured my pec doing a bunch of fucking crazy rep-training multiple times per week. i blew it on the 5th rep of a 405 close-grip bench press. i don't think this is really what caused it...just the final straw. i have done up to 640 with a shirt.

i attribute the injury to stupid training, ignoring the continuing pain and problems, and heavy training without equipment.

re: the surgery.

surgery was in july, recovery is slow but steady. i am not pushing my bench all that hard. i just did 225 for reps for the first time the other day. i am able to train everthing else to max effort. i think my squat and dead will soon surpass previous bests.

re: the gym

i believe the room is 20x15.
the total cost of equipment was 11k.

I bought all 'standard equipment' from forza strength systems:
2 back devices (with 400lb stacks)
dumbells up to 110lbs
1200 lbs of free weight
various bars

reverse hyper
ham-glute-calf machine
crepinsek monolift/power cage

oh yeah.. the mirror is so we can look pretty in the 'off' season. :)

I SWEAR I had a question at the beginning of this thread...:rolleyes:

Hey Hann I'm pretty sure you don't want another question on here besides what you asked but I don't know about monolifts.

Irishpower not that I'm rankin on your bench form but is that the correct form????? I need to know this personally because when I normally bench my elbows tend to come alot closer to my body?????? Does anyone know about this. By the way nice gym setup 11k HOLY SHIT.

regarding bench form:

it depends on who you ask. I agree with westside that ideally your elbows should be tucked to maximize push off lats. This is how I try to train.

However, in a meet, when attempting a very heavy lift, your body tends to do its own thing when you are approaching your mini-max position (sticking point).

/t

Scott Taylor of the WPA-APA powerlifting has them and sells them I beleive. He's a nice guy and good to deal with. You can get his e-mail from the WPA website.

Top Bottom