Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Monolift Alternative

Hannibal

Elite Mentor
Platinum
For those of you without access to a monolift...which is 90%+ I would guess, this was posted on www.elitefts.com as an alternative. I have been practicing it, and it takes some getting used to. Gonna put it to use next DE day...we'll see.

Q: JIM, in regards to your response to Ryan's question which was posted on 7/5....Could you explain how you guys "monolift" the bar off the J-hooks in a powerrack to squat?? Thanks.......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A: Kyle,
This is kind of hard to explain. Our bands are set up slightly in back (towards our butts) in our rack. We put our feet as close to the J-hooks as possible and arch the weight out. The bands' tension will pull us slightly back so we have enough clearance to squat w/o hitting the J-hooks. You have to kind of see it/experience it, but it has made a world of difference. Especially when using a ton of tension. The bar needs to be set up very low, much like a Monolift.

JIM WENDLER

interesting.

another way to do something simliar to that is set up the safety bars in the power rack at your rack height, and put the bar on that. Then just lift the bar up off the rack ,and have your training partners pull the pins out, and there ya go

funny you should say that Hannibal, I have been doing that on Speed days when using bands. Bands pulled me back anyway, so it kind of happened by accident. Don't know how well it would work with just heavy bar weight, but I like not having to move the feet much.

See you guys tomorrow about 2:00.

B.

crepinsek sells different monolift attachments from what i hear. you don't have to buy the super ones. they have others. i have not used this method as jim describes. it's pretty damn dangerous to walk out of the rack with high band tension.

sounds pretty damn dangerous to me, but then again Wendler has a good total so it must be working.

you'd think if you had 4 training partners, you *could* chip in and buy the monolift attachment. It is like $800 - 900. Much cheaper than a patella repair.

/irish

irish- good point. I would wanna get a mono lift/mono lift attachment, but i wont ever have the need to use one (at least not at the present time) . When the USAPL starts using monolifts, im gonna get an attachment.

deciever,

actually, i think the number one reason for using having a monolift is so you can you hella band tension with safety.

also, your workout will go a lot faster... i don't know if this is a concern to you.

i love the my power cage w/monolift attachment. sometimes, i sleep on it at night ;)

Top Bottom