Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MM107's Venture to the 5x5. Magazine Covers, Here i Come! ( Pics Inside too)

Looking good. I am in week 6 of my first 5x5 and it's going great. Will follow this thread to track your progress and experience with the program as we have much in common.

eat big said:
Looking good. I am in week 6 of my first 5x5 and it's going great. Will follow this thread to track your progress and experience with the program as we have much in common.

Thanks bro, week 6, how are things? During week 1-3 was it harD? or did you think it was too easy? Im thinking its easy, but im sticking with the program, since everyone tells me to stick with it.

Imm on week 3, So i havnt tried for my maxes YET, but i cant wait.

Thanks for stopping by

I was thinking of doing a 5X5 until the guy preaching about it told me "professional BB's know NOTHING about working out and training, they just have great genetics and use tons of steroids." I about lost it. Although it does make sense, I might try it next time I am off. But my recovery time right now seems to be around 12 hours. :evil:

cityhick said:
I was thinking of doing a 5X5 until the guy preaching about it told me "professional BB's know NOTHING about working out and training, they just have great genetics and use tons of steroids."

Who told you that?

I might try it next time I am off. But my recovery time right now seems to be around 12 hours. :evil:

Just thik about it, if your recovery is that good you could be adding 5-10lbs (or so) to the bar every week for quite some time on the 5x5.

it does feel wierd the first few weeks (even in the OR weeks) whn you know you have a few more reps in you but you stop at 5. it all works out though.

mm107 said:
Thanks bro, week 6, how are things? During week 1-3 was it harD? or did you think it was too easy? Im thinking its easy, but im sticking with the program, since everyone tells me to stick with it.

Thanks for stopping by

How could you be on week 3 already? This journal only started last week and last friday was the en of week 1... no?

I am adding 5-10 pounds with the training I am doing if not more. I also love the burn/pump, it like a release of all my anger/aggression/stress. Its just as much as a mental game as it is physical for me. One day Ill give it a try. Maybe in a couple months.

cityhick said:
I am adding 5-10 pounds with the training I am doing if not more. I also love the burn/pump, it like a release of all my anger/aggression/stress. Its just as much as a mental game as it is physical for me. One day Ill give it a try. Maybe in a couple months.

That is impressive, of course, it it ain't broke, don't fix it...

It is good to know that if/when your current training stalls you have a proven template, routine or what ever you want to call if (5x5) to try.

mm107 said:

Thanks for stopping by

Well it all depends on what day. Sometimes it felt too easy, then it started to get really hard, but I've kept progressing. I just did Monday of week 6 and I didn't get the heavy set of 5 for bench, tried again and got it. It's getting harder. Really hard. I think I will keep progressing though.

At times, during weeks 1-4 I'd be saying to myself "This is too easy" then at other times I'd be saying "Shit, if this is challenging five times, how am I going to break PR's?" But it all ends up working. I've squeaked by for the past few weeks barely.

djeclipse said:
How could you be on week 3 already? This journal only started last week and last friday was the en of week 1... no?

Heh, your going by the age of this thread, i started the 5x5 for 1 week before that, and didnt totally skip week 1, just started mid week, so week 1 was half assed. Last friday was END of week 2, Monday that just passed was begining week 3.

I know its confusing, but consider week 1 fucked up lol, SOOOOO if i feel great at the end, i can always go couple more weeks bumping the weight each day =]

thanks for noticing tho DJ!

Top Bottom