Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MM107's Bulking/Progress Thread w/ Pics

Yesterday, GOOD training Day :chomp:

Did Shoulders + Back.

Sholders
Military Press: 185 x 3
Hammer Strenght Shoulder Press: 210 x 3 and used bands w/ Light weight for more Reps. 110 x 10 w/ Bands w/ 90lbs resistance on TOP
Shrugs: 470lbs at 3 second holds and 5 reps
Dumbell Front and Side Raises:25s x 5

Back
DEADLIFT: 309LBS (3 20kg each side) x 2 W/ Correct form, I litterly had 4 people standing around me making sure i didnt cheat, i really do not want to learn this the wrong way.
Rows on Machine: 150lbs x 5
Machine( cant think of name, but you sit in the chair w/ chair on stomach and u basically are doing a row): 180lbs each arm.

Went very heavy today, Got to help my back catch up. ATE Like a MOFO, but clean. Very good day.

People are really starting to notice/see the changes. More and more people conversate about my routines, etc. I wear a shirt that says SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LIFT, but i guess people cant read lol

This is the routine my Partner and i Follow:

Back+Biceps(Usually)
Chest+Triceps
Shoulders+Legs

Abs are usually done on our "off" day

I want to hit the back 2x week and Triceps 2x week. (since i heard alot of power comes from the triceps in the bench.) I have a bet with this fuckin chump that i will outblast his becnh in 2months compared to his work at the gym(he says 2 yrs) So i do have serious motivation. I hate little punks who think that because theyre 1 excercise (bench) is better than mine, i told him to stand under 305 Sqaut and it would crush him. My Max bench is 235 right now, his is 250. I got some time left before the summer so i want to atleast be close to 250. so when i say lets go big boy, i want to hit my 250 1 rep, and then ask him to sqaut 315(i hope to hit 315 by the time also lol) I would like to work legs 2x a week too, but my legs are getting too big. GF doesnt like it too much as well as i like where i am at now. I have a 32in waist, but my pants are tight only on the quads(upper leg area also) So legs are suffice.

But how does this sound?

Back + Shoulders
Chest + Triceps
Legs + Abs
Back + Biceps
Chest + Triceps

I cant figure out a good timely spaced routine but i like the above one..

2 Days inbetween Back Days
2 days between Chest + Triceps

Enought time?

Im still eating 3000cals+ so Recovery and Healing time is quick. Not too sore lately.

Im also going to throw in some Clenbuterol in a week or 2, so when i start dropping my calories, i am taking an anticatabolic drug (plus it would help nicely w/ cutting)

Any Advice?
Thanks!

I saw chicken and ribs being eaten in here and I had to post something just to subscribe. You're looking good, man, nice and vascular and athletic, crazy since you're bulking.

If you want advice on back work, I can offer my opinion. Your exercise selection is good, deadlifts are king. I'd train them progressively though, either 5's or 3's and not to failure so you can keep adding weight to the last set weekly. Also, I see rowing, which is good. I think barbell rows are the best type of row, but if you choose something else, again, pick a rep range and train it progressively, whether it be 5's or 8's or 10's or whatever. Do you have any experience with the olympic lifts? If not, try some jump shrugs, they're cake to learn and your traps grow instantly, your shirts will fit funny by the 3rd week doing them. I'd also think in terms of 'pressing' rather than 'chest' and 'shoulders'. I'll leave program design to you and Nelms, you're in good hands with him.

I'll have to pop in here regularly, and make sure to post your cheat meals, I am going for ribs ASAP now, lol.

Nice journal up in here! You look pretty thick for a 178 pounder. I'm roughly your stats--5'11", 167.5lbs. (cutting)--but I'm not quite as strong as you. LoL

I wear a shirt that says SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LIFT, but i guess people cant read

LMAO!! I need one of those shirts.

mm107, I'm in Iraq, bud, so we're always going to have a pretty good lag. :)

A few more questions:

1) How old are you?
2) What are your goals? Why are you doing this? I see posts mentioning looking good and posts mentioning strength. SOMETIMES, they are not mutual friends.
3) What in the world is up with your girlfriend not liking muscular legs? (You don't have to answer that one.) ;)
4) Do you like your ribs dry or with sauce? :chomp:
5) What's up with the clenbuterol?
6) Please explain your reps and sets. For example, you show that you did deadlifts x 2, yesterday. Is that 2 reps or 2 sets? If it's 2 sets, how many reps did you do?

We're almost there. :)

nelmsjer said:
mm107, I'm in Iraq, bud, so we're always going to have a pretty good lag. :)

1) How old are you? - 19.
2) What are your goals? Why are you doing this? I see posts mentioning looking good and posts mentioning strength. SOMETIMES, they are not mutual friends. Goals: I want to look nice and athletic, the mens health cover look. I also lost alot of weight last year and alot of people fuck with me and call me a cokehead(wich i was in no way touching the shit) If you seen how lean i got after my fat pics(and my fat pics were 3 months into diet so i was fatter) then you would/might think the same thing. So i want to SHUT THEM ALL UP. I want to be able to be shirtless, and if someone calls me a juicehead i get to turn around now and ask them why they are joulous that my body is better then thiers, and be able to actually have girls(where i chill there are a ton haning out) be able to say yo, mike kills you. I know this seems selfish, but i want to be the best and look the best. BUT the best isnt what i see on the mag covers, the best is the BEST I CAN DO and thats why i push myself so hard. Its ok, i know streght and size might not be friends, but i want to be Core strong before i start worrying about my Size, i need to have a strong Back in life, not 20in biceps.

3) What in the world is up with your girlfriend not liking muscular legs? (You don't have to answer that one.) ;) Shes crazy lol, she doesnt mind really i just know since she puts up with my ass i try to still let her opinion count. She wouldnt be against them getting somewhat bigger, but she cant fit me for clothes by eye no more lol

4) Do you like your ribs dry or with sauce? :chomp: SAUCE BBQ BABY!
5) What's up with the clenbuterol? I have some on hand from last year(never got to use it because didnt need it), figured it would help with the tighness look for the summer months. Ditch it? no problem if i really dont need it. I dont like to reply on outside supplements.

6) Please explain your reps and sets. For example, you show that you did deadlifts x 2, yesterday. Is that 2 reps or 2 sets? If it's 2 sets, how many reps did you do?

Ok, my reps/sets vary on esxcercise. I only post my Last SET. Sorry im gonna start typing out what i did to get to the last set.

DEADLIFT: 309LBS (3 20kg each side) x 2 W/ Correct form, On my Forth Set of Four i was able to get it up 2x. I went for 3, but just couldnt get it up.

So example. 150 x5 200x 5 280x5(but usually hit 4-5) 309x 2 (tried for 3 but only hit 2)

So i do do 4 sets per excercise. and about 3-4 excercises per muscle group.

Ex: Chest
Flat - 4 sets of 5
Incline - 4 sets of 7
Cable Crosses - 4 sets of 10
Flat Bench w/ Bands. 4 sets of 5 if heavy or 10 if light

Anything i can do to make it better. I really like getting exhausted/failure. Thats why i go heavy or go home. Im also bulking right now so the excess cals are buidling muscle. and i am getting stronger, so i figured go heavy as i possible can because when im cutting my streght wont increase as greatly and cutting i can hypertrophy training.

Thanks for any help Nelms!

Protobuilder, my weight now is up to 190. Droped 3lbs, or my home scale lied lol, but the gym scale told me 190 the other day.

BigTT, back work is what i really want to start getting strong at. I liked your advice and will incorporate more barbell rows. what olypic lifts ya talking about? Im gonna look into jump shrugs. Thanks for the Advice!

Thanks guys/gals for really helping me out

Training Update!

Hit up Chest + Tricpes yesterday. Killer Day. Couldnt Pass my Max, but i tried. Next Chest day =]

Chest:
Flat : Last Set was 225 x 3
Flat w/ Rubber Bands: 115 x 5 ( i love the Negative Force and the Expolosion power) Also Failed on 5(needed spotter)
Incline Dumbell: 70 x 5
Cable Crosses: 100 x 7 going for 10.

Triceps:
Skull Crushers : 100lbs x 5
Sit down Extensions over Head: 80lbs x 5
Weighed dips with legs in front: 20 reps. w/ 45 lbs.

*Notes*
I tried for my Max on chest 245lbs couldnt hit it, tried 240lbs missed it ( got stuck at point and came back down) So i dropped back to 225 for 3 reps.

Im also wondering, one of the guys at the gym, When he goes for his max he puts his feet all the back, and archs his back. And when he drops the weight it just doesnt look like how i do it.

I 1 2 3 lift, and lower the bar, with NO Arch and my feet in normal spot. But he says he can lift more like that. Whoes doing the MAX right? Me by not cheating? I cant figure it out.

I was also told that bench pressing involves more tricep than pec. I told them yea if you hold it close grip. So wich is more important, a wide grip or strong triceps?

Reverse Pull downs: 120 on machine For 10 Reps.

Today i feel real sore, probably from the deadlifts 2 days ago, and now my chest and triceps already are sore (wich i am not used to feeling bcause the soreness started to not come after workouts)

My eating was good yesterday.

Atleast 3200 cals. Prob more. After the gym, Smoked some Bud, and came home to a PLATE, now a HUGE PLATE of Chicken Nuggets(home made fried, but hey what can i do when i didnt cook it) and devoured the entire plate. I had to have atleast 2-3 chicken breasts lol FUCKING GOOD.

TODAY is LEG Day, time to get psyked about that!! I hope to hit another PR, but we'll see how i feel. Real achy from last workouts. But thats here at work, at the gym i loose sense of tiredness.

Thanks guys/Gals!

MM, you'll make more long-term progress by actually not going to failure because you can keep adding weight to your set/rep range, which increases workload over the course of weeks and months, and that's what causes your body to adapt.

You'd be better served going to 295x5, then 305x5 the next time, then 315x5 the next time, when you jump too fast and compromise reps, you're more or less doing a max attempt and for lack of a better word, blowing your load too soon. With the gradual jumps that allow you to maintain the selected rep range, you're progressing each week and when you do blow your load, you'll have acquired much more strength over the course of 7 or 8 weeks than you would have killing yourself by the second week.

The olympic lifts are the clean and jerk and the snatch, but the ways of training the 2 contested lifts are very beneficial to anyone, even if they don't ever plan on doing the full versions. The power versions, clean and snatch pulls, pulling from the hang and off blocks, etc.....the hypertrophy effects of these are in the traps and upper back, and the reason for this is that the top of the pull for most is a jump shrug (some guys are all legs and don't shrug, but I am speaking generally).....if you've never done the lifts, a jump shrug is a dynamic pull that is EASY to learn and really overloads the traps and upper back.

BiggT: Any idea on where I can find some info on how to perform a jump shrug? Never heard of them/seen them, but if they'kll blow the traps up I wanna try 'em! :chomp:

Thanks!!

Top Bottom