Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Minimizing Catabolic Effects of Binge Drinking

miked8c

I know that for the older bros their days of binge drinking are pretty much over. This thread is for younger dudes, but I would appreciate the input from older bros with more experience.

I love getting drunk and fooling around with girls at parties, a party is not fun for me if I am not raucously drunk. I know it sounds bad, but I just love drinking. However I love lifting more, and getting stronger so I rarely get blitzed, as of late I have been drinking more than normal and I do not want my gym progress to suffer.

I know alcohol is a big no no for gains, but I also don't want to miss out on all the good nights with my friends because I am all about my training. So this thread is basically asking how can I get drunk, without getting behind on my training?

Why can't I drink a gallon of water throughout the night to compensate for the fluids I lose through boozing? I always drink three tall glasses before bed on nights that I drink, this is basically a hangover cure for me.

How come I can't drink milk and eat like a horse after the night is over, to make sure I am nice and full before bed?

What if instead of doing 10+ beers, I switched to hard alcohol? Cutting down the volume by a lot.

These questions boil down to the same thing, how can I fuel my body so that I don't have setbacks in my training? If I fuel my self properly can drinking and lifting both be parts of my life.

I want to fuel my body so that I don't suffer any physical setbacks, and the only negative effects the alcohol has are on my brain. Is this possible? Can my body still absorb essential nutrients while I am intoxicated?

I know I sound like an irresponsible ass, but I sit here hungover, regretting how I now need to push my squat day from today, to tomorrow, because I decided to have fun last night.

I also love to party and party HARD I go all out once or twice a week provided the next day I don't have weights just cardio since being hungover will ruin my workout but doesn't effect my cardio whatsoever... priorities!

Dude, i've been thinking the same shit.... Just finished my first year of college, and and about a quarter of the freshman class knew me as "DJ", meaning drunk josh because i partied so hard.. I do want to settle down next year though, but i'm pledging so i dont know if that'll happen. Any answers to those questions would be much appreciated!

Hey Mike, I wondered this myself and found a couple of things:

-Hardest liquor you can find is the best, least amount of empty calories.

-Try drinking more in moderation and try to save the wasted nights for the really good times. Take it for what it's worth, but I found one study that said drinking in moderation (~3 drinks) only temporarily lowers the testosterone a minimal amount (like 5%). The drunker you get though, it climbs significantly (like 20%+).

-Try having fun any other time except before you go to bed, so that the alcohol has a lesser effect on your sleep...It kills the HGH release when you're sleeping as well as the quality of deep/REM sleep.

Also, a GOOD thing about alcohol is that it contains a mineral we rarely get in our diet - silicon. There have been studies (take it for what it's worth) that, when drinking in moderation, silicon increases bone density more so than calcium.

But yeah like EM said, it's going to take away from your gains a bit. But you gotta enjoy life a bit ;)

Solid read Southern Lord.

I think I'll just keep doing me and try to plan my drinking so that I have an off day the next day. I think I am also going to stop with the beers and just get the hard stuff. I can hold my alcohol pretty well so getting drunk off of beers is not a very economical choice for me, lets go Everclear.

It just kind of sucked today because I was supposed to squat and now I'm not going to because it will just be a waste.

Go Bruins!!!!!

good read sl I always knew the "lowering of test level" was grossly exagerated because I am always raging horny after a night of drinking to the point of no satisfaction even after banging all night

It's not the test levels or empty calories that bother me most, it's the fact that with the alcohol in your system protein synthesiscand fat burning are slowed right down, afterall alcohol is a poison so the priority for your body is to get rid of it... Combine that with a big insulin spike from party food and the sugar in the drinks and it's a recipe for fat gains

that's what I've read anyway, it could be an exageration

Top Bottom